List your Aluminum Bass Boat Ride (Gas and Electric Powered)

Started by Donald Garner, January 17, 2020, 09:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Greetings,

Lets see some of these Aluminum Bass Boats you all fish out of.  Post some pictures and tell us a little about it.  If you got one you fish out of that's only Electric Powered lets see them also. 

I'll get us started off here with my 2006 G3 1548 Alwed Jon Boat.

Boat
G3 1548 Alwed Jon Boat rigged out.  It's powered by a 2 stroke 25hp Yamaha outboard.  It is secured to the transom with a Fulton Outboard Motor Lok.  It has (2) MotorGuide Trolling motors > Bow Mount is a 41lb foot control; Stern has 54lb thrust transom mount model.  The gas tank is a 5gal portable model.  When in use it's strapped down on the back right rear side.

Fulton Outboard Motor Lok

I have (2) Humminbird Piranha MAX 4 depth / fish finders mounted.  One the front deck and one located at the rear of the boat.

Piranha MAX 4 depth finder

The boat is equipped with a (2) Bank on Board MK2100 Minn Kota Charging system. 
On Board Charging System

Tackle and gear storage box  Custom built aluminum securable box

Livewell Cooler setup

I've installed running lights, a horn and bilge pump also.  Here is the control panel that operates the lights, livewell and bilge pumps.  I made his out of an old battery box cover lid and toggle switches.

Control panel for livewell, lights and bilge pump

Front passenger seat with underneath storage

Rod Storage while traveling

Lastly a quick picture of the G3 set up when I fish on a Electric Motor lake only.

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Capt. BassinLou

Here's my baby. 2019 Vexus AVX 1880.

She's powered by a Mercury 115 Pro-xs CT, with a SS prop.

Single Power Pole

80lb Minnkota Fortex

Ninja blade

2 Helix birds. One on console and one on the bow.

3 bank charger

Chrome rims w/ Vault hubs

The boat has a 95" beam with a 32 gallon fuel tank. Helluva fishing boat, and I never miss the opportunity to talk about it. , good thread Donald!!

Donald Garner

Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 18, 2020, 05:38:30 PM
Here's my baby. 2019 Vexus AVX 1880.

She's powered by a Mercury 115 Pro-xs CT, with a SS prop.

Single Power Pole

80lb Minnkota Fortex

Ninja blade

2 Helix birds. One on console and one on the bow.

3 bank charger

Chrome rims w/ Vault hubs

The boat has a 95" beam with a 32 gallon fuel tank. Helluva fishing boat, and I never miss the opportunity to talk about it. , good thread Donald!!
Show off.  lo  Just kidding. I love the look of that boat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 19, 2020, 10:00:27 AM
Show off.  lo  Just kidding. I love the look of that boat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Lol!! I was just answering the thread question.

Mike the fox

While it's not a dedicated bass boat, I'll share my ride. 2003 20' Lund Alaskan with a 115 hp Suzuki 4 stroke on the back. I've got a Minn Kota ulterra on the bow along with a helix 8 with i-pilot and all the goodies. On the dash I'm currently running a helix 5 but hope to upgrade to another 8 this year. Other than that it's a pretty standard fishing boat. Seating for 5, livewell, bilge pump, tons of storage in the front floor and side boxes. It also has a full enclosure for salmon fishing those cold spring days and I've got 2 downriggers for the rear. Other upgrades this year include a new floor, seats, and getting rid of the old green carpeting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Mike,

Your Lund is very close to my Crestliner. Great all purpose boats.
I will share pics as soon as the weather changes.

Lou,

That is a very cool boat.

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: zippyduck on January 19, 2020, 08:22:07 PM
Mike,

Your Lund is very close to my Crestliner. Great all purpose boats.
I will share pics as soon as the weather changes.

Lou,

That is a very cool boat.
Thanks Zip.

zippyduck

Here are some that give an idea of the setup on my Crestliner Kodiak 18. 60 hp Mercury 4 stroke with Minn Kota 55lb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Mike, tks for sharing your pictures of your boat.  That is a great looking boat.  I like the openness of it.

How do you like that Suzuki outboard?

Mike the fox

I like it a lot. I've had mostly Yamahas which we're always good so I was not sure about the Suzuki but I wouldn't hesitate to own another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishaHallic

oops
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

FishaHallic

Here is my baby                 

It's a Grizzly 1754, bought boat new @BPS in Jan/2016 and took it to my etc dealer and got a 40hp etc w/trim n tilt and tiller steering.  I'm sure I could have got a better deal on a package price w/motor at BPS but I don't care for Mercury motors too much.

I just wanted something simple that would fit in my garage without difficulty and was easy to maintain and I found both with this boat.

I added 50lb Minn Iota and expanded the rear casting deck with lids for storage,  I also added a little step for my 66yr old fishin buddy and carpeted the whole thing with that cheap plastic type green indoor/outdoor carpet.  I use this for 2 reasons, I will fish barefooted a lot and I like the feel of that on my feet and the other was I just didn't want to have regular type bass boat carpet  being wet sitting on top of the wood I used for the decks.

I came to the point in Jan/2019 that I was either going to buy a real bass boat or do some upgrades on my baby.  After some serious thought and tire kicking (I loved the Ranger RT aluminum boats) I just could not pull the trigger on a bass boat.  I don't think it would have fit in my garage as easily, it would be harder for me to move it around and more maintenance and up keep and not to mention the payments.  So I decided to start doing some upgrades on my jon boat.

The list was long and the prices were high but I started with adding a steering console and had my motor changed over from to tiller to remote.  This helped my back not having my body twisted using the tiller and in turn help me make longer runs on the boat since I was actually comfortable while driving it now.  It also helped that I would have a good place to place some switches and electronics when the time came.  At that time I also added the micro power pole which is a great addition to a boat like mine.  I read somewhere you didn't know you needed the micro power pole until you got one and then, you would not fish without it and that is true.

I was set to buy a new Minn Kota Maxxum also but some very high health care expenditures helped me decide to keep the trolling motor I have until money permitted.  In addition to the new trolling motor I am also going to add a depthfinder/gps unit and replace all the decking and the extended back deck and carpet.

I love my boat and even though I would love a nice Ranger, this boat does all I want it to do with low maintenance and cost to run and no payments.   I only have 64 hrs on the motor (and I am still running the 1st gallon of oil since new)  and have not had a single issue with boat or motor.  Sure it's a little tight with 2 slightly overweight  ~shhh fisherman and 18-20 rods on the boat and way too much tackle but I would not have it any other way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Donald Garner

FishaHallic,

Tks for sharing the pictures and write up on your boat.  I like it  ;)

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

MTBjohn

Hi Everyone,

Here's my aluminum boat.  It's nothing fancy, just a Tracker Pro Team 175.  I've had it for almost 3 years now and it's been a great boat for my needs.  Most of the lakes and ponds around here are less that 1000 acres so I have no need for anything bigger.  Two years ago I installed the 80lb Ultrex up front and that has been a game changer.  Especially for a light boat like this.  My next upgrades are going to be lithium batteries to save a ton of weight in the back of the boat.  Anyways, just wanted to share.  Awesome boats everyone!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MTBjohn on February 18, 2020, 12:24:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here's my aluminum boat.  It's nothing fancy, just a Tracker Pro Team 175.  I've had it for almost 3 years now and it's been a great boat for my needs.  Most of the lakes and ponds around here are less that 1000 acres so I have no need for anything bigger.  Two years ago I installed the 80lb Ultrex up front and that has been a game changer.  Especially for a light boat like this.  My next upgrades are going to be lithium batteries to save a ton of weight in the back of the boat.  Anyways, just wanted to share.  Awesome boats everyone!

Welcome to UB. Changing to Lithium batteries would be huge drop in weight, but man those prices have to come down bit more .  lo

Donald Garner

Guys tks for posting your boat pictures  ~c~  They're all great looking boats.  Let keep this rolling along.

Don

Lipripper

Hi Everyone,

What year is your boat it looks just like the one I fish out of. It's not mine but my fishing brothers John's but I can use it any tine I want to. His is a 2014 Tracker

Donald Garner

MTBjohn,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

When you get the chance stop in "Let Us Get To Know You"  The link is below.

Lets get to know you

Don

FishaHallic

Hi Everyone,

That is a nice rig, welcome to the forum also.
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Tatsu Dave

Well I used a tracker for many years and liked it a lot. When I moved from Maryland to Maine however I sold it and dropped out of fishing due to work. Four years ago my youngest son got into fishing and asked about a boat, wanted to fish small lakes and rivers where less fisherman accessed so we started looking. Found a package boat, motor, and trailer at a local place that I could outfit for shallow launching and two fisherman. Its a Lowe 14' walk thru V bottom with removable vinyl covered floors, it came with a 9.9 electric start w/alternator motor. Spent that winter building it into a small fishing boat.....I closed and carpeted the bow to provide a solid platform to mount an anchormate and Minn Kota trolling motor on. Then I made and carpeted a casting deck from the front boat seat to under the bow for front fisherman, braced from the bow down and keel up its solid and provides a place for frt swivel seat and extension along with an anchor holder and foot control for troller. Wired the troller in to a frt deep cycle battery with circuit breaker and frt was ready. Guess who laid claim to the front spot  :(

Carpeted the four mid and back seats and installed two more swivel boat seats, put a garmin sonar with speed and water temp in and installed the transducer with the new transom saver epoxy. Lot of work but no holes in transom to ever leak :) Another deep cycle battery to start motor and run sonar that stays charged from alternator. Added a vertical 4 tube rod holder for storage along with 2 trolling holders as well. Put a flat velcro rod holder on two seats for me and all my rods. A liteweight paddle in clips on side and a tournament grade landing net completed the inside.

Added bunk slides to save bunk carpeting and make one person launching and landing easier. Added side bunks to trailer for landing in wind and current, front and rear keel rollers to guide the boat on straight everytime. Set of ratchet transom straps (these things are sweet) and a heavy winch strap (it was a joke, so thin it would kink and roll over on itself). Thats about it....sorry it took so long to read but hey I put a full winter of work and sweat into it  ~sweat Heres a couple pics........its no bass boat but the places we put in less than 24" water and the dirt slopes down they call boat ramps, its well suited for.   

Lipripper

You did a good job on your boat Dave and may you catch lots of fish from it.

zippyduck