Super Bowl Pick the Winner

Started by Mike Cork, January 22, 2020, 06:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

This is the official Super Bowl Pick the Winner contest thread. (February 2020)

Super Bowl Teams are the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs.

To enter the contest you must pick one of these teams, guess how much they will win by (without going over) and wager a bait that you will send the winner. (Wager must be a new bait)

EXAMPLE: (this is not my wager)    Kansas City Chiefs by 6 - Lucky Craft crank bait

The winner is the member that guesses the winning team
and is closest to the winning points spread
without going over.

Everyone that wagers a bait must mail the wagered bait to the winner of the Super Bowl Pick the Winner!

You can not pick a Team and Point Spread that is already picked. This is a first come first serve basis contest. The post date/time stamp will be used to determine the first member to make a pick. All duplicate wagers will not be counted, pay attention to what's been picked. You can only make one wager!

Make sure when you post your pick, it's exactly what you want. Edited threads will be void and not counted in the contest. Read your post very thoroughly before you click post. I can not trust and edited post so they simply won't be considered.

The winner is going to get a boat load of tackle!

The winner will be responsible for providing an address for mailing the baits to. This can be done in the thread or through PM's for privacy.

A Community Diplomat and moderator will be monitoring this thread. Someone will be posting a list of entries as they grow so that it's easier to make your pick without duplicating.

If there are any questions please ask. I think I've covered everything but if something is unclear I'll get you a solid answer. All decisions by Ultimate Bass Administration are final. Rules are subject to change. By entering you agree to all rules and decisions by Ultimate Bass and it's Administrators.

Oh BTW, Gary Dobyns has put up a Dobyns Fury Rod (119.99 value) and $50 worth of Dobyns Tackle to the winner. So not only does the winner get all the wagers, the winner gets a Dobyns Rod and Dobyns Tackle to top it off

Finally, don't be that guy, if you play and lose, make sure to hold up your end of the deal and mail your wager. If it is determined that you failed to mail your wager, you will be excluded from future contests.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Forgot to say....

Post your picks to this thread

Cork's Reel Service

Pipepro

Kansas City Chiefs by 6 - Stanford Baits Boom Boom frog
2017 Stratos 186 VLO 115 SHO

Lipripper

This is going to be a good game and a hard one to pick with these two quarterbacks it could be a high scoring game and might be close. I like both teams but I'm going with the 49ers by 6 and wager a pack of GY Senkos.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

fishballer06

49er's will win, by 7 points.

1 hand built spinnerbait by myself.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Captsteve

49ers by 3
Rattle trap

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

twocold

Ljkp1155

San Fran by 4 ( couple packs of my husbands baits. Lol)

nats

I will take K.C. By 3.    Finesse baits

Lipripper

Quote from: Ljkp1155 on January 22, 2020, 07:28:12 PM
San Fran by 4 ( couple packs of my husbands baits. Lol)
lo lo That's a new one. ;D

coldfront

chiefs by 8.  bait to be determined.

boy, a buncha niners bandwagon fans on here or what?

~roflmao ~roflmao

I have one of those TH marine trolling motor jackets (goes around the cable, sonar cables to clean up stuff) if allowed.  IF not:  I'll round up some bait/baits, new in box.

figure to be a donor here, so I won't let the rests of  you winners down!

fishballer06

Quote from: coldfront on January 22, 2020, 11:54:48 PM
boy, a buncha niners bandwagon fans on here or what?

~roflmao ~roflmao

Perhaps you haven't seen their defense in action?

Lipripper

Just to make it easier for tracking the numbers. If you see anything wrong just let us know and we will correct it. If you pick a number and team that has already been picked  we will post it here and will also send you one PM so you can make a change to another pick ;D Good luck and it should be a good game.

San Francisco 49ers

Lipripper  by 6
fishballer06  by  7
Captsteve  by  3
zippyduck   by   13
twocold    by  17
Ljkp1155 ( Mrs.nats)  by  4
gtrpickr    by 5

Kansas City Chiefs

Pipepro  by 6
nats    by  3
coldfront   by  8

gtrpickr

coldfront

Quote from: fishballer06 on January 23, 2020, 07:47:41 AM
Perhaps you haven't seen their defense in action?

oh, I have.  I th ink it's going to be a good game and the outcome for either team is far from 'predictable'.

I don't know how the Chiefs handle the press/run-up (distractions).  I know they seem to start slow, tight (dropped passes) and have a running back who has a history of maybe putting the ball on the turf.

then the press seems hell-bent on anointing Mahommes as 'all that'.  the hype is tough.

and all of that in the face of a team who has a 'pretty good' defense and a tough ground game.  taylor-made to control a chiefs offense.

and I am NOT happy with the press pushing all the 'can the Chiefs be beaten' story.  sure as heck they can.

Smallie_Stalker

fishballer stole my pick.  lo

I'll play.

49'ers by 9.

Rod Glove if that's allowed. If Mike rules no then bait TBD.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

I think this is going to be an awesome game. Between Mahome's throwing and running ability and the way the Niners run game looks, I think the clock is going to get eat quick but it will still be a high scoring game. I'm looking for

Chiefs by 4 and I wager two packs of Mister Twister baits

Cork's Reel Service

fishballer06

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 24, 2020, 09:29:31 AM
fishballer stole my pick.  lo

;D ;D

Quick update:
San Francisco 49ers

Lipripper  by 6
fishballer06  by  7
Captsteve  by  3
zippyduck   by   13
twocold    by  17
Ljkp1155 ( Mrs.nats)  by  4
gtrpickr    by 5
Smallie_Stalker  by 9
mygreenihc  by 10

Kansas City Chiefs

Pipepro  by 6
nats    by  3
coldfront   by  8
Mike Cork  by 4

mygreenihc

OK,  Here is my winning entry:

49's by 10
Wager: 2 packs of Zoom trickworms.

Brad

coldfront

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 24, 2020, 11:02:12 AM
I think this is going to be an awesome game. Between Mahome's throwing and running ability and the way the Niners run game looks, I think the clock is going to get eat quick but it will still be a high scoring game. I'm looking for

Chiefs by 4 and I wager two packs of Mister Twister baits

those secret worms?   ~shade

the trialives?

fishballer06

Did anyone get to see the Pro Bowl yesterday? My guy TJ Watt with the big 82 yard fumble recovery TD was awesome!

Mike Cork

Quote from: fishballer06 on January 27, 2020, 07:57:25 AM
Did anyone get to see the Pro Bowl yesterday? My guy TJ Watt with the big 82 yard fumble recovery TD was awesome!

I missed the game but would have loved to see that. TJ is gonna be a legend like his brother.

Cork's Reel Service

fishballer06

Only a few days left to sign up. Looks like the Niners are the favorite. Do we have any more Chiefs fans here?

Fish_in_1