Lake Dorr

Started by Thornback, January 25, 2020, 09:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornback

Yesterday a friend and I fished Lake Dorr located just off SR 19 in the Ocala National Forest. We fished the lake for 3 hours, moved around the lake to 6 different areas, fished dark colored plastic worms, and never caught a bass. We each had one small bump. The water has a pH level of 5.0 and is very tannic looking. Water temp was on average about 64 degrees. Water depth ranged between 2.5 to 9 feet. I'm asking has anyone else ever fished that lake for bass and what kind of luck did you have and what lure did you use?

Reservoir Runner

Might be the cold snap has thrown them off. These bass down here don't adapt to cold weather like the bass up north do.

Lipripper

Sorry y'all had a ruff day and didn't catch anything. Hope your next trip out is more productive.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FishaHallic

I have never fished Lake Dorr itself but I have fished several of the forest lakes without too much success.   
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

FlatsNBay

I fished it years ago and caught a few small ones on a Texas rigged plastic worm on the south side. Nothing to write home about.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Deadeye

Dark Tannic water is common all throughout the Lakes and St Johns River in North Central Fl.

In My Experience the Fish in the area North of Orlando tend to shut down once the water dips below 70*. Fish can be caught but it is a tough day. Add in a Cold Front and it is close to impossible.

I know where Dorr is and have looked at it several times, but never fished it. Most of the Forest Lakes that I have fished are fairly shallow and have that dark water- except for Wildcat and Kerr. Both of those are pretty clear.