FL Bass Talk (FEB 2020)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, January 31, 2020, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Great topics last month, let's keep them going!!  ~beer~

FlatsNBay

Kinda bummed. My training class in Broward County next week was cancelled. I had planned to get up with Big G for some bank fishing after class. Oh well. I'll just have to fish locally.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on February 01, 2020, 07:41:29 AM
Kinda bummed. My training class in Broward County next week was cancelled. I had planned to get up with Big G for some bank fishing after class. Oh well. I'll just have to fish locally.

Bummer!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BrandonK

Haven't had a chance to fish since I got down here to Kissimmee on Thursday, don't have a boat, and fighting a cold or something.....BUT I did get a little one in a pond on a 1oz jig that must've dropped in his face this morning. I don't think I'll have as much free time to get out during my time down here as I anticipated

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: BrandonK on February 01, 2020, 12:50:26 PM
Haven't had a chance to fish since I got down here to Kissimmee on Thursday, don't have a boat, and fighting a cold or something.....BUT I did get a little one in a pond on a 1oz jig that must've dropped in his face this morning. I don't think I'll have as much free time to get out during my time down here as I anticipated

Bummer!!

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 01, 2020, 01:06:15 PM
Bummer!!
This month isn't starting off right the first day and already two bummers.  ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Took a trip to Bridgemasters this morning with the boy. 3 more pounds of swimbaits for me, and I grabbed a pound for Flogrown. Grabbed me 4 swimjigs as well. $40, one helluva bargain.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

big g

Quote from: FlatsNBay on February 01, 2020, 07:41:29 AM

Flats, Just let me know when you make it down.  I'll give you a tour of all my spots and we will catch some.  Good luck!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LgMouthGambler

Last minute decision last night to pack my crap, im out this b!t@h!  ~beer~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 05, 2020, 07:21:34 AM
Last minute decision last night to pack my crap, im out this b!t@h!  ~beer~
Where you going?

LgMouthGambler

Capt. BassinLou

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 05, 2020, 07:29:21 AM
Wow... on a Wednesday night?? Good luck

Yeah, why not? Looks like its gonna be a nice night. Got the boys Birthday stuff this weekend, so thats out of the question.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 05, 2020, 07:34:47 AM
Yeah, why not? Looks like its gonna be a nice night. Got the boys Birthday stuff this weekend, so thats out of the question.
Hey... if you can swing it, have fun.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 05, 2020, 07:38:29 AM
Hey... if you can swing it, have fun.
That's what she said...

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Deadeye

BASS Pros are in town for the St Johns River Tourney.

I fished Lake Monroe yesterday for the first time in a year or more and what a tough time to find any fish. I managed 4 Bites and put Zero in the boat, they just weren't having it.

However I saw one of the Pro's Boat & Truck parked at the Launch and thought "Man I hope he knows what he is in for".

Leaving Palatka it's Wide Open Run to Lake George. From there it's 30 MPH and Slow Speed Manatee Zones to Just Above Rt 44 in Deland where it becomes a 25 MPH River. Oh and below Hontoon Island the "save the manatee club" got Volusia County to make it a Slow Speed No Wake Zone from November to April the 10-15 miles to Blue Springs to the Idle Zone for a mile or two then back to Slow Speed No Wake for another 10-15 miles before the next 25 MPH run to Lake Monroe.

Oh and the FWC and the Volusia Sheriffs Dept BOTH Patrol the River especially during the Big Tourneys.

LOOOONG Way to run to find only a few fish since the River just has not yet recovered from Hurricane Irma when there was a Huge Fish Kill. Anywhere the River was close to the road you had to hold your breath as you passed from all the stink of the Dead Fish.

Oh and the guy's name- Never heard of him.

big g

What a great fishery over the years.  Sorry to hear about the decline.  Regardless, it seems a few just always manage to figure something out and catch a big bag.  We see it on Okeechobee all the time! :-*
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

RangerAndBass

Well I haven't had time to tell you guys about my motor issues. I know you've been holding you breath, lol.
I blew my up Yamaha just after Christmas. 1 cylinder was melted.
This fall I had planned to send my Evinrude from up north down this winter (I got a deal on a 1yr old G2 Evinrude for there). Well this made it a priority. I finally got it down here and mounted Jan 31st. I never measured a fish for the Bragging rights for the month.
The boat is running good now.
The marina that installed it was less than thorough but I have had trouble finding quality boat mechanics around me since coming here. I dont have a working Tach but hope to get that fixed in the next week or 2.
Back fishing and much happier.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

Capt. BassinLou

Its going to be chilly tomorrow morning. I better bundle up. :)

Capt. BassinLou

@LMG, did you end up fishing Wednesday night?

Capt. BassinLou

RangerAndBass

I've got a club tourney on Okeechobee tomorrow
So I'll be out

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: RangerAndBass on February 07, 2020, 02:22:23 PM
I've got a club tourney on Okeechobee tomorrow
So I'll be out

Good luck tomorrow R&B.

Capt. BassinLou

I'll be heading to the glades in the a.m.  ~sun ~sun

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 07, 2020, 05:39:10 PM
I'll be heading to the glades in the a.m.  ~sun ~sun
Good luck out there Lou and hope them fish are a little more active for you.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet