Started by Capt.Karl, May 18, 2006, 08:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt.Karl

Karl's Bassin' Adventures
Guide Service
www.karlsbassinadventures.com
Upper Chesapeake Bay & Susquehanna Flats Fishing Report
May 18th, 2006

The Bass are moving into the grass! Our best pattern for big largemouth bass this week has been fishing the developing grass beds. Look for the clumps of last years grass with fresh green on it; I am using a Dave's Tournament Tackle ¼ oz. Assassin Shad & Raptor spinnerbait with my Capt. Karl's Thumper blade special combination in the Bream color and also the ¼ oz. ChatterBait in the White/Chartreuse and Green pumpkin colors. The last couple of days with the cooler nights and high winds the most aggressive bite has been in the afternoon once the sun has had a chance to warm the water up some.

The bass have started to move up tighter on the wood laydowns also the last couple of days. My best baits for this pattern have been the Case Plastics Sweet P in the Roadkill color; I am dipping the paddle in chartreuse dip-in-dye and rigging it on a Dave's Tournament Tackle Spot Hopper 1/4oz. jig head.

I am applying Carolina Lunker Sauce (Garlic or Menhaden Shad) flavor to all of my baits about every 5-10 cast's or each time I handle my bait such as to clean the grass off of it.

Area's Fished; Havre de Grace Susquehanna Flats area, Furnace Bay.

Water Temperature; 68 degrees
Water Clarity; 6 inch's

New for 2006 it is official; I have added a versatile and rugged Hooked on the Bay, Inc. Crestliner CMV 1850 aluminum boat powered by a dependable, environmentally friendly Honda 4-Stroke Outboard. To my guide service, those energetic & fun to catch Smallmouth will always be within reach for my clients!
Captain Karl Bunch, Owner/Guide for Karl's Bassin' Adventures is a  United States Coast Guard Licensed Captain, Red Cross CPR & First Aid certified and licensed in the State of Maryland and Commercially insured. We strictly Practice Catch & Release of Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass.
You can contact Karl's Bassin' Adventures at www.karlsbassinadventures.com or phone # (410) 272-6940, cell # (410) 459-7445.

Good Fishing, Capt. Karl