2019 Tracker w/t V19 targa...... Upgrade To HDS 12

Started by Scarrick25, March 10, 2020, 08:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarrick25

I purchased a 2019 tracker v18 targa this past fall. Although I like and enjoy using the stock hook 7ts, I would like to upgrade to a larger more advanced model. Im pretty set on purchasing a lowrance HDS 12. With the way the windshield and the cockpit are set up it seems like a larger unit would be a tough fit. Does anyone have any pictures or advice on where the best place would be to mount a larger unit? I would prefer not to block my view of the gauges. Any help at all would be appreciated

Happy Fishing!   

WTodd

I installed a Carbon 12 on my Nitro Z-18 and it fit but barely. Find the outside dimensions of the 12" unit and do some what if's on your console. If it doesn't fit then you'll have to install on a gimbal type mount on side of your console; probably the right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTodd

This is the only pic I have left from my install and the hole is about a half inch or so smaller than the outside dimensions

Oldfart9999

Quote from: WTodd on March 11, 2020, 05:10:00 AM

This is the only pic I have left from my install and the hole is about a half inch or so smaller than the outside dimensions

Don't think that's an option on the Targa. Measure it, if you can't then get a gimbal mount to put it on the side, an advantage is it's make it easier to remove when you're done for the day. Make sure the mount is built for that size unit.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.