Gary is running a special

Started by zippyduck, March 23, 2020, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacobguy

Fury 735C for me, Fury 705CB for T-Bass1 on the way. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Jacobguy on March 26, 2020, 01:50:42 PM
Fury 735C for me, Fury 705CB for T-Bass1 on the way. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
It absolutely does! Thank you both.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

apiazza

Ordered myself a FR705cb. Thought about going to a champ but decided after the sonar I shouldnt lol. Now to go reel shopping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dink Dawg

Now you guys understand why it's called the Dobyns family.  Gary and his wife and kids invested years of time, finances and energy into his dream. As long as i've known Gary he's always been honest, transparent and a man of his word.  I was in retail for almost two decades before changing careers and I have never seen anyone close to Gary who really appreciates every customer, dealer and fan. 

I'm no different than the rest of you members.  I didn't really respond to the media's Covid19 information initially.  It wasn't like 9-11 or Mount Saint Helens ( of which I watched blow up) where the issue was palpable. Well now it is.  Evidence demands a verdict and this crisis is real. Common sense must prevail.

In the mean time, I grasp what Gary has had to do, no fault of his own.  I would do the same thing. I placed an order.  I want another Dobyns rod and some accessories/lures and now is the opportune time.   I'm honored to support Gary and his business.  He's sure been good to me!

Doug

Bassinkorea

Even though I shouldn't have, I went ahead and ordered two Champion Extreme rods. These will be my first ever Dobyns rods.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bassmanstan

Quote from: Bassinkorea on March 26, 2020, 06:27:42 PM
Even though I shouldn't have, I went ahead and ordered two Champion Extreme rods. These will be my first ever Dobyns rods.
Uhh ohh, be prepared to get a few more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bassinkorea

Quote from: bassmanstan on March 26, 2020, 06:29:46 PM
Uhh ohh, be prepared to get a few more!!

I know what you mean, that's why I have managed to hold back for this long. This special made it just difficult to resist.

Smallie_Stalker

Gary is part of the UB family and we always help out family anyway we can. Thank you everyone who has stepped up and placed an order. This is the heart and soul of Ultimate Bass.

You all ROCK!!!  ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~

apenland01

Quote from: Bassinkorea on March 26, 2020, 06:27:42 PM

Which ones?

Bassinkorea

Quote from: apenland01 on March 26, 2020, 09:01:11 PM
Which ones?
DX741 spinning rod for my dropshotting
DX742 casting rod for light texas rigs

Payment was completed, now I can't wait to get my hands on them

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Those are excellent finesse rods. Both are very lite and sensitive.
I hope you have some more money saved up as these two are going to spoil you.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Bassinkorea

Currently, almost all of my rods at max 6'6". I've been wanting some longer finesse rods for a long time.

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

apenland01

I had a DX 742 SF and loved it for the short time I had it.  Excellent rod for small bottom contact baits, you will be amazed!

Captsteve

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on March 26, 2020, 01:15:54 PM
Thank you Steve. Every purchase helps. What are you planning to use that rod for?
Good choice for docks or not?

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Captsteve on March 27, 2020, 04:15:54 PM

Since I have no experience with this rod I'm gonna defer to someone more knowledgeable like Zippy or Dink Dawg or Mike on this one for a final verdict.

Personally I like shorter rods for dock fishing most of the time especially close quarters skipping or pitching, so lengthwise I think it could be a good choice if you are comfortable with shorter rods.

As far as the 3 power I have a Fury 733C  and I have been surprised at how versatile that rod is.

I know there are some using the Fury 703 spinning rod for fishing docks, but again I have no personal reference.

Like I said, I'll leave the final verdict to someone else.

Sorry Steve.  I wish I could be more help.

spencerinstl

fishballer06

3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

zippyduck

Quote from: Captsteve on March 27, 2020, 04:15:54 PM

Steve,

That is an excellent choice for Docks. The only issue you may have is the power to horse them out from under them. Load it up with some good fluorocarbon and you should not break too many off.
You will love the tip action for skipping with that rod.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Captsteve

Quote from: zippyduck on March 28, 2020, 06:26:16 AM
Steve,

That is an excellent choice for Docks. The only issue you may have is the power to horse them out from under them. Load it up with some good fluorocarbon and you should not break too many off.
You will love the tip action for skipping with that rod.
Thanks

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Captsteve

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on March 27, 2020, 04:48:49 PM
Since I have no experience with this rod I'm gonna defer to someone more knowledgeable like Zippy or Dink Dawg or Mike on this one for a final verdict.

Personally I like shorter rods for dock fishing most of the time especially close quarters skipping or pitching, so lengthwise I think it could be a good choice if you are comfortable with shorter rods.

As far as the 3 power I have a Fury 733C  and I have been surprised at how versatile that rod is.

I know there are some using the Fury 703 spinning rod for fishing docks, but again I have no personal reference.

Like I said, I'll leave the final verdict to someone else.

Sorry Steve.  I wish I could be more help.
Thanks

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Marty-WI

Little late to the party perhaps.   Have 2 Dobyns rods now.  Would like to see what inventory looks like.  I asked to join the group, but being but being a very causal FB user, I don't know how long it takes to get accepted. 

Any insight?   Thank you!

apiazza

Quote from: Marty-WI on March 28, 2020, 10:42:46 AM
Little late to the party perhaps.   Have 2 Dobyns rods now.  Would like to see what inventory looks like.  I asked to join the group, but being but being a very causal FB user, I don't know how long it takes to get accepted. 

Any insight?   Thank you!
Usually pretty quick. But all you need is to call their office to place the order, he was only advertising on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Marty-WI

I didn't scroll down the first time to see the other questions.   Went back in and added my fav rod. 

I'm accepted now, but how do I see the inventory of what's left?  I feel a little challenged today. 😳

apiazza

Quote from: Marty-WI on March 28, 2020, 11:05:36 AM
I didn't scroll down the first time to see the other questions.   Went back in and added my fav rod. 

I'm accepted now, but how do I see the inventory of what's left?  I feel a little challenged today.
Smallie started a thread that had what was out of stock, which was only a few rods. Use dobynsrods.com to figure out what you are interested in and give them a call to order/check inventory. Gary has huge inventory right now which is why he is running the sale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Marty-WI