Bank Fishing Talk (April 2020)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, April 02, 2020, 09:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishballer06

Well, it's a 140+ acre reservoir. I hope the 7 I caught wasn't ALL of the fish in there.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Capt. BassinLou

Fished my neighborhood canal again today, but man, was it busy. Never in all the years I have been fishing these canals have I encountered so many people fishing the same stretch I was on. Fortunately I was able to catch 3.

Florida Bass Fishing Reports , Dobyns Rods , Lockett Lures

Jacobguy

Kind-of went out this weekend. We wanted to explore around a lake we fish fairly often some pretty big pike and some decent bass in there so we hiked around most of it and it was really clear, water clarity 10+ feet. Got to a shallow spot I could see a good size pike and two schools of bass in the shallows which was amazing to me since it was 45° out. Sprinted back to the car grabbed my rod came back and tried to get em, only brought a few baits I had a few followers but no takers. Only got to fish for 20ish minutes though. It was cool seeing that many fish.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

ImUrNv

Went out yesterday after going into work for a bit, and fished the other half of the IT company's lake which is un-manicured and a bit of bushwhacking involved. 

Started off with a crankbait again with previous luck using this same one.  Ended up catching a 2:1 ratio of catfish to bass with it somehow. 

After deciding to switch things to my tried and true rig (weightless texas rigged trick worm) and started having much better luck but only finding dinks.  Also noticed that the fish were holding much closer to the bank (3-4 off), which gave the rig an advantage.

Overall not a bad way to spend a sunny day in the 80's.

Jacobguy

Went out later last night to a new lake to me but a really big fishing lake here in Michigan. Could only really shore fish and fish from some tall piers but I landed 2 small bass just dinks around 1lb, I also caught a nice sunfish on a panfish lure. Sorry no pictures my phone was dead.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Jacobguy on April 10, 2020, 12:01:14 PM
Went out later last night to a new lake to me but a really big fishing lake here in Michigan. Could only really shore fish and fish from some tall piers but I landed 2 small bass just dinks around 1lb, I also caught a nice sunfish on a panfish lure. Sorry no pictures my phone was dead.

Good to hear you were able to get out and wet your line. Thank you for sharing.  ;PEP)

Capt. BassinLou

Got out for a couple of hours. Just managed to fool one bass today. :)

I also caught this Spotted Tilapia.

Capt. BassinLou

Productive outing today. Started with a big jerkbait. Nothing. Changed to 10.5" T-rigged worm, came across a nice Peacock. Switched to speed worm and caught 2 decent bass.

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

fishballer06

You've been killing it from the bank Lou!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: fishballer06 on April 13, 2020, 10:49:19 AM
You've been killing it from the bank Lou!

Thanks bud, some days are better than others.

Capt. BassinLou

Bass were non-existent for me again, today. Did manage to hook up with another nice Peacock, only to have it come unbuttoned on two separate occasions, and two different baits. Still can't explain that, but such is fishing. I did manage to hook into this nice Mayan cichlid, so I didn't technically skunk.

Capt. BassinLou

Productive outing today. My intention was LMB fishing and it ended up being a Peacock bass expedition.

Those 3 Pea's tore up my thumb. They don't stop fighting even after their caught.

big g

Can you imagine a 25lb pea from South America!  Fish on steroids!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

fishballer06

Cold and windy today, but the sun was shining enough to push them to the rocky banks to warm up a little.

The spinnerbait was the ticket again today. I threw the chatterbait more than the spinnerbait and it only got me one small dink. They really want that slow rolled spinnerbait, just barely creeping along off the bottom.

Capt. BassinLou

~c~ Great looking bass Seth!! WTG!!  ~c~

zippyduck

Lou,
Those are some good Florida peas.  ~c~

Seth,
Get out of my hole.  lo I've caught at least one big one every time I go to the lake also.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Lipripper

Nice fish Seth and that's might nice of you to keep zippys holes warm for him.  lo lo

Capt. BassinLou

Went out again, not as productive as yesterday unfortunately. I have been hunting one particular big Pea for two outings now.  He was on to me fairly quick because he kept darting to deeper water, which leads me to believe he's been caught before. I'll try again tomorrow.  ~bb

NerveAngel

New here from Anaheim, CA!

Went to my local lake and fished my new Diawa Tatula 150 - 6:3.1! Saw with my eyes 12 schooled up bass and threw my Senko T-rig at then several times but all I did was scare them mostly...  :'(

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: NerveAngel on April 24, 2020, 05:11:35 PM
New here from Anaheim, CA!

Went to my local lake and fished my new Diawa Tatula 150 - 6:3.1! Saw with my eyes 12 schooled up bass and threw my Senko T-rig at then several times but all I did was scare them mostly...  :'(

Welcome to UB!! Here's a tip I offer all of our new members that like to post pictures. If you know your way around a smart phone, download the Tapatalk app for free. Its a mobile version of Ultimate Bass where you can post pictures on the site in less than 60 seconds.

Capt. BassinLou

Managed to stick 2 decent bass before a big rain band chased me away. Fun Spinnerbait bite!!

NerveAngel

It keeps asking me to become a VIP member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: NerveAngel on April 24, 2020, 05:59:56 PM

Looks like a nice place to fish and sorry you couldn't get any of them bass to bite. I'm not a Tapatalk user but Lou uses it all the time and when he gets back he can help answer that question for you.
Nice fish Lou and sorry the chased you off.  :'(

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: NerveAngel on April 24, 2020, 05:59:56 PM

Yes... I completely forgot about that.  :surrender: :surrender: VIP gives you unlimited picture posting ability for $5 a year I think, unless Tapatalk changed it, and the free version gives limited picture posting capabilities. I apologize for the misinformation. I became a VIP years ago and TT charges me automatically every year.