Video review of my budget kayak: Field & Stream Shadow Caster

Started by fivebyfive, April 09, 2020, 02:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fivebyfive

Lot's of time on my hands lately.   :'(

I've had the shadow caster for over three years now. I've never regretted my purchase. Since we are on lock down here in Michigan I decided to make a walk around video of my budget rig and show the mods and upgrades I've made. Take a look and tell me what you think.   

https://youtu.be/KFcVDp-m6Ho

Lipripper

Nice little set up you got there. It should work great in all them little lakes y'all have all over the place in Michigan.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

SHC286

The shadow caster was one of the options I was looking at when I got my kayak. Looks like a great little boat.

My only regret with mine, Magellan Origin 12... I wish I'd considered how sore my butt would get without a better seat.

apiazza

Quote from: SHC286 on April 12, 2020, 11:25:16 PM
The shadow caster was one of the options I was looking at when I got my kayak. Looks like a great little boat.

My only regret with mine, Magellan Origin 12... I wish I'd considered how sore my butt would get without a better seat.

I just picked up a Kayak Kushion from kushionKompany.com I'm pretty impressed. The seat on my Pescador Pro isn't too bad but my butt would fall asleep and occasionally give me some lower back pain. The pad helped distribute load nicely and it's thin enough to hardly notice height difference.