Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Understanding Your Electronics for Florida Guys, Teach & Learn

(Read 5534 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Capt. BassinLou

How slow were you going over those to pick them up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom left of the screen says, 3.3 MPH.

FD

How slow were you going over those to pick them up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to match your chart speed with your boat speed to get the best picture.

Typically I run my chart set at 4 and just under that with boat speed.
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   CPF Lures Pro Staff

FD

LakeMaster plus and 2D chirp on plane in the first photo.

Brush pile on the new M360. Still working on the settings and when I get the picture cleared up I'll give some explanations of what I think I'm looking at.

FD

Yesterday. Sitting on a 5 ft deep flat next to a small drop with poles down. The dark area is a shadow cast by the edge of the flat. The small white specs that keep appearing and disappearing are 2 pounders that are coming up on the edge to feed. These pics are 10 seconds apart.  I caught 3 in about 10 minutes and moved on to another area.

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
Nice.

Great talking with you yesterday, I appreciate it and learned a lot. Thanks.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

PSL

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Some Interesting Videos on Reading and Using your Electronics.

How to Read what your Seeing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=724&v=4m808qYb3Q0&feature=emb_logo

Sonar Explained (done on a deeper water lake but the principles are the same)

Sonar, Tackle, and Areas explained (Mostly about Drop Shot, but does a great job explaining how to understand Fish in relation to your TM Transducer)

Yesterday. Sitting on a 5 ft deep flat next to a small drop with poles down. The dark area is a shadow cast by the edge of the flat. The small white specs that keep appearing and disappearing are 2 pounders that are coming up on the edge to feed. These pics are 10 seconds apart.  I caught 3 in about 10 minutes and moved on to another area.

Wow, that is truly great. My neighbor who fishes Okeechobee religiously has said these are all worthless in that lake. Or say "for the most part" if tournament fishing I would find it as MUST HAVE.... They have came a long way.
Where is the transducer mounted ? if I may ask...

FD

Wow, that is truly great. My neighbor who fishes Okeechobee religiously has said these are all worthless in that lake. Or say "for the most part" if tournament fishing I would find it as MUST HAVE.... They have came a long way.
Where is the transducer mounted ? if I may ask...
There are a couple of options but mine is on the trolling motor..

People who say they are useless are the bank beaters not willing to change their fishing style. 

CPF Lures Pro Staff

big g

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
Very interesting, it's like being in a modern jet cockpit!  Too much for me, I'm just trying to figure out Zoom Chat on my phone!  Dam technology, who thought you would have a phone, and computer, in your pocket, and you could call almost anywhere in the world.  Amazing stuff!  Good luck with all the new toys. ~c~

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

Very interesting, it's like being in a modern jet cockpit!  Too much for me, I'm just trying to figure out Zoom Chat on my phone!  Dam technology, who thought you would have a phone, and computer, in your pocket, and you could call almost anywhere in the world.  Amazing stuff!  Good luck with all the new toys. ~c~
Honestly it's not that hard to use once you get the basic concept of the perspective you are looking from.

FYI I still can't use zoom on my phone...

CPF Lures Pro Staff