Stripping your reels the easy way

Started by Sixpack, April 26, 2020, 02:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixpack

I learned this quite awhile ago and thought I would share it with you guys.

Using a cordless drill slip an empty T/P roll on the chuck., (they fit perfectly) next tie the end of the line to around the roll, run the drill slowly at first to get the line started stripping. Once you get it started good just speed up the drill as you see fit until the reel is empty. Then discard properly.
Triton TR-22 DC Pro, 2005, 225 Evinrude HO/DI, two 8' Power Pole Blades on the back, Minn Kota 36v 101# on the bow.

Oldfart9999

Sounds like a good way to handle the job.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

geneinnc

As many as I do the Berkley drill attachment was worth the money. No matter how much line you strip it slides right off in the waiting garbage bag. Tie off the bag  and you are done.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: geneinnc on April 26, 2020, 04:41:04 PM
As many as I do the Berkley drill attachment was worth the money. No matter how much line you strip it slides right off in the waiting garbage bag. Tie off the bag  and you are done.

I have a portable line stripper for when I go on someone's boat but I am looking into getting one of those for at home. Should be a lot less work than the way I have been doing it.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

VaHooligan

I love these types of posts! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geneinnc

And as a reminder double bad that old line and tie it off. If an animal gets stuck in that line at the landfill its a slow death.

I was reminded when I was stripping line and I thought the cat was asleep. Right in the middle of the bag. Luckily she only got 1 paw wrapped.