big g

Wednesday 4/29/20
Miami River, North
8:00-1:00
Partly cloudy
Temp mid 80*
Wind 10 SE
W/T 82*

Once I found out the ramps would be opening Wed, I had to go.  Went out at first light and noticed a trailer light problem.  After a quick fit I got to the ramps at 7:45.  Ran to the River and headed north, all the way.   It was a beautiful morning and the gators were all over in full force.  It was just great to be back out on the water.
First cast and I had a munchkin on.  I hate that, the first cast curse for sure, but that didn't happen today.  The catching was crazy at times, and then slow and steady.  It is the best day in the glades in years.  The bite got bigger as the day went on, and the cuts were good for 6 or 7 bass at almost every cut.
I caught 90% of my hook-ups deep and many were in the middle of the canal.  There were lots of gar up in the water column.  If you worked it slow and let it stop for a while you'll get bit.  U-Vibes, stick-o's, trick worms wacky, and a torpedo early all worked.  Fished for 5 hours, and boated over 50 bass, 3 big mudders, several gar, several oscars, and almost a big turtle who came off at the boat.  Can't wait to do it again, and this should be constant until the rains come back.  This was the best day in years. ~c~  Picks will follow with a little help from a friend.  Thanks for reading.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SFL BassHunter

Awesome day on the water George!!! Well done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

Thanks Rick for posting those.  It was a fun relaxing day in total isolation.  Doesn't get much better than that!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching and tks for sharing those pictures with us also  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

WTG George!! Appreciate the report and the updates yesterday.  ~beer~

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 30, 2020, 12:47:20 PM
WTG George!! Appreciate the report and the updates yesterday.  ~beer~

Thanks Lou, when I went by MM30 in the morning it was still blocked with warning tape across the entire ramp.  On they way home they took the tape down.  We both had a day we will Not forget.  The rains today and tomorrow should drop the W/T some.  Could get even better out there.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on April 30, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
Thanks Lou, when I went by MM30 in the morning it was still blocked with warning tape across the entire ramp.  On they way home they took the tape down.  We both had a day we will forget yesterday.  The rains today and tomorrow should drop the W/T some.  Could get even better out there.

May and June are the best months for fishing imho, the next challenge is maneuvering and launching on some of these ramps. With the lower water levels, you can see just how bad some of these ramps are. Unfortunately with COVID-19 stuff they couldn't take advantage of the 30 day closure and repair some of these ramps.  ~b~

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

FlatsNBay

BiG is back and the Glades are back! Awesome day!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

big g

Thanks guys, with the water levels these bass are locked in the canals for some time to come.  You will be seeing some big reports from the glades in the future.  It is a great time to be fishing South Florida.

Time2Fish

Heck of day guys.  Thanks for the report!