Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockable Rod Storage for Garage  (Read 184 times)

CraigP83

• Forum Staff
Lockable Rod Storage for Garage
« on: May 13, 2020, 09:11:10 AM »

I park my boat in our alley so I've never felt comfortable keeping them in my boat. In years past I've always brought them into the house and stored them in the basement until the next outing. It's incredibly annoying doing that everytime. I have a detached garage that I would be willing to store my rods in if I could have one extra layer of theft deterrent. Has anyone built any sort of rod storage system in their garage that could potentially be secured?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Re: Lockable Rod Storage for Garage
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »

Craig, the easiest thing to do is to buy a Simply Safe System to protect the interior of your garage by motion detection.  You can have it simply activate a sounder that is loud enough to make the probably thief go away before getting to your stuff.  You then can place your rods on a free standing rod rack as far away from your door (s) as reasonably possible. 

I keep my rods this way and it saves the aggravation of taking the rods into the house after each outing.  I still have to load the boat each day but at least they are fairly close to the boat.  My garage is also detached so I know the exposure that exists for things like this.

The bottom line is you just want the bad guy to go away and not catch them.  You can also have the system call your cell phone but confronting someone can be a dangerous deal unless you are up to the challenge.

CraigP83

• Forum Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 08:48:57 AM »

How does everyone else store their rods in the garage?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Dog

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 09:11:11 AM »

I have racks that my rods go in in my garage and being attached to the house it is also alarmed like the rest of the house.
I also have a couple of 2x2's mounted on down brackets overhead I keep some rods on and extra pvc pipe too lol.

Burbarry

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 05:26:54 PM »

I have a carport I installed to keep leafs and weather away from car and boat in my fenced in yard. I use the lock on rod locker to keep them secured with a camera that alerts me on motions/sounds/people. I also have lots of motion lights in the yard to brighten it up at night. Iím like you I donít like them out there like that. But, Iím also kinda lazy after fishing all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 05:59:18 PM »

How many rods do you need to store?

It isn't very difficult to make a book shelf frame, add some backing and use a partially sliced pool noodle to hold the rod upright.  Then make some plywood doors for the front of the cabinet and put a padlock on it.

It only needs to be about 5 and a half inches 6 inches deep, and 8 foot high, Plywood is usually 4x8 feet so if you make it 8 feet long, you will need two sheets for doors, but probably could get by with a 4 footer and one sheet, some hardware, and done.  Probably less than $100.

Screw the cabinet to the wall, and they can't carry it off.

Might not be the prettiest thing around but it will be a great deterrent.

I might not be describing it well enough, but I have it in my mind perfectly.  :-* ~b~

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
  • My Mission is goin' fishin'
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 07:34:53 AM »

If you're handy with cutting tools and a welder, pick up a couple old school lockers from a flea market or auction and make a 9' tall locker and anchor it to the floor. You could also lay it flat and anchor it.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.