May 14 Lake Hickory

Started by geneinnc, May 14, 2020, 03:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneinnc

I thought I would check back in. Fishing has been fair with the cold and terrible wind. I have been trying new lures and presentations and it paid off today.

On the third cast EVER on a white tube bait, a really nice spot tried to inhale it. I got a good hook set and she went nuts as only spots can do. It took a while but I swung her into the boat. The spot on her side is normal after she fanned her bed during the spawn.

I also tried a new squarebill crankbait, chartreuse with white reflection. I used it on one of my go to places. I felt a touch of weight, set the hook and I had an airborne bass. Remember I'm using no net, same as the tour fishermen. Much like the first bass this one tried to choke the lure down.

Pretty good afternoon since it was late when I went out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rangerman

Thanks for report, things here on Norman have slowed, hope warming weather coming back in will get em going again. As you stated the wind has been bad the last week of so.  Good Luck

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching there  ~c~  Tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us also  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

geneinnc

I fought the wind again this afternoon. 2 small bass on the crankbait and that was it. Finally saw 70 degree water in the shallows, and saw one bass patrolling the beds. Craziest spring ever!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk