Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best sites for selling gear  (Read 331 times)

FISHMD

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Best sites for selling gear
« on: May 17, 2020, 07:39:13 AM »

My brother and fishing partner has had a stroke that has left him permanently incapacitated so I will be selling his gear. What are the best sites for selling fishing gear?

nats

• Charter Member
Re: Best sites for selling gear
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 08:11:00 AM »

There is a classified section here at ultimate bass

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 09:12:05 AM »

Sorry to hear of his stroke. In my thoughts and prayers.

Along with nats' suggestions there is also an Ultimate Bass  Buy/Sell/Auction page on Facebook if you use that.

You'll reach a wider audience that way, but you also run the risk of not knowing who you're selling to because non-UB members sell there too.

You can find it Ultimate Bass Fishing Buy Sell Auction Facebook Page

We had a member here who unfortunately passed away a few years ago who was from MD. He used to buy and sell a lot of gear at a local fishing flea market. If you send fishandkamp a PM he can probably give you the information on that if you are interested.

I hope at least some of this was helpful.

Best of luck on the sale.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:18:19 AM by Smallie_Stalker »
Dobyns Rods    Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FishaHallic

• Smallmouth
  • Clearwater Florida
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 06:39:46 PM »

I have always sold my stuff on craigslist, never had a problem.  You have to be careful, just like any other site or Facebook or other selling apps.  I always make sure I have cash in hand and meet at a public place and you should be good.  If I get one of the scammers trying to send me a bank check for my "item" I usually screw with them and drag it out and give them "my address" but it is really the police departments address.  Fun times  ;D
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec

9lbs 15oz PB

fishballer06

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 07:07:37 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon on here to link other forums, so you aren't really going to get any real answer here. Best of luck!
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »

I have always sold my stuff on craigslist, never had a problem.  You have to be careful, just like any other site or Facebook or other selling apps.  I always make sure I have cash in hand and meet at a public place and you should be good.  If I get one of the scammers trying to send me a bank check for my "item" I usually screw with them and drag it out and give them "my address" but it is really the police departments address.  Fun times  ;D
I have used Craigslist in the past with good success as well. This darned virus crap has hurt that lately though.

I have an Abu Garcia Villian rod and two Veritas models I tried to sell on Craigslist starting back in March. I got a few replies all saying keep my contact info and when social distancing is no longer necessary I'll buy them.  Or the ever popular I'll send you a money order or some gift cards and you can ship them to me.

I don't think so.

I like your approach to dealing with the people who try and scam. I'm gonna remember that police department trick.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods    Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 11:09:42 AM »

Sent you a PM.  ~shade
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

bigjim5589

• Forum Staff
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 11:14:26 AM »

It can depend a lot on what exactly you have to sell, where the best place might be. If you're on Facebook, there's usually some "flea market" types of groups that sell in specific geographic areas. We have one in our area, and we sold a sofa that had been sitting & taking up space on one such group. I listed it and sold it in about 30 minutes, but again it depends on what it is. I did a quick search for "buy & sell in MD" and there are several such groups.

Ebay is certainly an option, with a wide market. That may require shipping, so have to take it into consideration. That's not a big issue with many fishing items that are small, but can become a problem with items such as rods. If you do go that route, use a payment method such as Paypal. Then you're covered with seller protection, and of course never ship before payment is secured.

I've done more buying than selling on Ebay, and one thing I've noticed is many folks want things "cheap". So, don't under price anything. If it doesn't sell there, it can cost you nothing with some of the selling promotions they have. 
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker! It's Not Just A Hobby, It's An OBSESSION!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.