Minnkota Terrova mounting

Started by Burbarry, May 28, 2020, 07:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burbarry

I have my buddies old Terrova 2016 model (no ipilot built in) I'm going to install. My question is does the new Terrova have same mounting holes? Reason I ask is I have a new Terrova coming once they catch up on orders. I've been off the water for about a month and my buddy loaned me his that he has as a backup. I just don't want to go drilling extra holes if they're not same. Will 4 of the 6 holes be good enough for the mount? I'm adding a aluminum support bar under the fiberglass with bolts, washers and nuts. Also, do I need to add rubber to absorb some of the vibrations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

Burbarry, the mount should be the same. If you're using 4 out of the 6 bolts I would upgrade the quality of the bolts, as high as grade 8 for the extra strength, if you can do the other 2 bolts it'll give a stronger mounting. Rubber bumpers will transfer far less vibration to the hull which is a good thing. Sorry to be so late replying.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Burbarry

I confirmed the mounting is the same, as I got the new one in today. I was only able to mount 4 of the 6. I tried to get 5 but just couldn't make it work. What I did was take a 1" wide by 12" long and 1/4" thick aluminum bar to use inside the hull area to help spread the load and increase mounting strength. I had to buy longer bolts as the factory ones are very short. I used the rubber washers and factory washers with lock nuts. It seems pretty solid as of now. I may look into stronger bolts and swap them out when I get ready to rip carpet out this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk