I tried J-Braid x8 from Daiwa

Started by Polaris425, June 10, 2020, 09:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris425

And liked it. It cast very well and didn't kink up on me. I bought 65# b/c I put it on my flipping rod and wanted no chances of losing a good fish in a tree top. However in this instance I was casting with it and didn't have any problems. Was actually quite pleased with it.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

LgMouthGambler

If you are fishing for bass in tree tops, you need to just stop and take up flying kites. Just stay away from powerlines.  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

gshappell

I tried it last year and started switching my reels over as it became time to replace.  Love it.

Polaris425

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 10, 2020, 11:14:33 AM
If you are fishing for bass in tree tops, you need to just stop and take up flying kites. Just stay away from powerlines.  ~roflmao

You should try it, those flying fish put up a good fight!  lo
Fishin' Alabama

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Polaris425 on June 10, 2020, 12:22:59 PM
You should try it, those flying fish put up a good fight!  lo

I get them on the ocean with a pump shotgun.  ;)
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SHC286

I like that line, it just slings green crap everywhere until it's all slung off.

Polaris425

Quote from: SHC286 on June 13, 2020, 06:45:15 PM
I like that line, it just slings green crap everywhere until it's all slung off.

Yeah I noticed that too. I kept looking down and my hands were covered in green water. lol
Fishin' Alabama

jwkelley51

I use it and like it. Mine is white..no dye to come off and it was cheaper that way too.

GermanKnight

I really love the j braid. It's solid and holds a knot really good. It also takes better to leader knots like FG and Alberto extremely well. That's what sold me, because I use a twing about half the time I fish so I'm definitely tying FC leaders more often.

I'm also partial the power pro, super 8 slick and kastking. Kastking actually surprised the living hell out of me. I would probably never use there reels, they do not interest me in the least. But as far as the braid they make... It's pretty good.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Denali custom rods.