Carded for...wait for it...glue

Started by Fun4me, June 13, 2020, 02:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fun4me

Yep. I was in Walmart this morning, and picked up some Locktite super glue gel for my fishing needs. I usually use the self checkout, and when I scanned the glue it came up as a "restricted item" wait for assistance. The employee came over and said "it's the glue, you have to be 18 to buy it" I just shook my head, payed for my stuff, and left.

ike8120

Walmart has been doing that for awhile
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Fun4me

Quote from: ike8120 on June 14, 2020, 05:08:47 AM
Walmart has been doing that for awhile

I'v never bought it there before. Guess I'm late to the party :)

Donald Garner

I got carded at Walmart for buying Stabil fuel additive the other day.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

big g

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Fun4me on June 13, 2020, 02:31:58 PM
Yep. I was in Walmart this morning, and picked up some Locktite super glue gel for my fishing needs. I usually use the self checkout, and when I scanned the glue it came up as a "restricted item" wait for assistance. The employee came over and said "it's the glue, you have to be 18 to buy it" I just shook my head, payed for my stuff, and left.

That's interesting. I wonder if it is just certain kinds of glue. I was at Wallyworld yesterday and bought some wood glue and I didn't get carded.

Maybe it just hasn't rolled out ot my area yet?

I have some thoughts on why all these different products may be getting carded but they would be the subject for a different thread.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Fun4me

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on June 15, 2020, 12:07:37 PM
That's interesting. I wonder if it is just certain kinds of glue. I was at Wallyworld yesterday and bought some wood glue and I didn't get carded.

Maybe it just hasn't rolled out ot my area yet?

I have some thoughts on why all these different products may be getting carded but they would be the subject for a different thread.

I bought it going through the self check out. It's possible that there are many products on the "Restricted list" that pop up for the person behind the register (non self checking), The cashier looks at the customer and just skips past it unless they think the person buying the item is close to 18. I don't know if that's true or not, but it might explain why people like me never know about the restricted items (I'm waaaaay over 18) :)

Polaris425

glue, spray paint, anything with fumes that you can huff you gotta be 18...   ~b~
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

SHC286

guess they expect those of us over 18 to just buy real drugs off the street!

Captsteve

Easy fix, I no longer shop at the Peoples Republic of Walmart.

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Fun4me

Quote from: Captsteve on June 17, 2020, 06:22:59 AM
Easy fix, I no longer shop at the Peoples Republic of Walmart.

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Indeed.

VaHooligan

I got carded for a multi tool. Similar to a leather man but much cheaper but because it had a two inch knife they had to Isee my id. I'm 46 years old. It'll never end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDiver

Yup, one of the ingredients, Toulene is used as an inhalant and is a drug of abuse by teens.  It ebbs and flows in terms of its popularity and probably varies by area, which could be why they card at some and not others.  We had a funny news story here of a guy naked behind a Walmart caught huffing spray paint. 

A lot of products have it, but most have gotten rid of it just for that reason.  Dry erase markers used to as well and there were a couple times I was getting light headed during lecture while using a new one  ~roflmao
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Oldfart9999

No comment on the police state.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.