Academy H2O Xpress Mettle - Power Reel Handle Replacement ?

Started by chrisD46, June 14, 2020, 06:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

Has anyone replaced the stock reel handle on their Academy H2O Xpress bait cast reel with a longer power handle ? If so , details on reel handle brand , etc. would be appreciated . I have the 10 ball bearing  6:2:1 Mettle bait cast reel that I believe would benefit from a longer reel handle as the stock one is a little short ... Thanks in advance .

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: chrisD46 on June 14, 2020, 06:21:07 AM
Has anyone replaced the stock reel handle on their Academy H2O Xpress bait cast reel with a longer power handle ? If so , details on reel handle brand , etc. would be appreciated . I have the 10 ball bearing  6:2:1 Mettle bait cast reel that I believe would benefit from a longer reel handle as the stock one is a little short ... Thanks in advance .
Can it accept a swept handle? Or does the drag star not bend, and only will use a straight one?

And what's the size handle you are looking for?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

chrisD46

The current stock handle is straight and is approx. 95mm in length with also a  straight star drag  ... I was curious if I can found a replacement straight  handle in the 105mm to 110mm range ?