New Backpack Coming

Started by FlatsNBay, July 28, 2020, 07:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

I was wanting to upgrade my fishing backpack. I don't carry much tackle at all when bank fishing to justify getting a fancy backpack but was wanting to have a bag that will pull double duty for a co angler bag when I fish with someone else. I settled on the Tackle Warehouse fishing backpack. It's big enough to hold 3 3700 series boxes along with a ton of soft plastics. I'll post up a review after I get it.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on July 28, 2020, 07:17:25 AM
I was wanting to upgrade my fishing backpack. I don't carry much tackle at all when bank fishing to justify getting a fancy backpack but was wanting to have a bag that will pull double duty for a co angler bag when I fish with someone else. I settled on the Tackle Warehouse fishing backpack. It's big enough to hold 3 3700 series boxes along with a ton of soft plastics. I'll post up a review after I get it.

Please do Flats, curious to know how the pack works out for you.

1ReelFanatik

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 28, 2020, 07:20:09 AM
Please do Flats, curious to know how the pack works out for you.

Yeah.  I'd like to know as well.  I have zilch for carrying gear while bank fishing.

FlatsNBay

Here's a review. I used the backpack as both a co angler bag and a backpack for bank fishing. The pack holds a ton of stuff. The main compartment can hold 3 3700 series boxes, but 2 is enough for me. The flap on this compartment has 2 zippered storage pouches that look like they are waterproof. I stored my cell phone in one just in case. The front big compartment has rings and plastic bags to hold any of your soft plastics. I was able to put full size bags of both Zoom and Yum worms in each bag. The compartment has plenty of room and I was able to store my full set of rain gear along with tackle in the hanging bags. There are also 2 double compartment hanging bags that are much stronger and stiffer plastic than the other hanging bags. I stored hooks and terminal tackle in them. On the flap of this compartment is a few pouches for small items like camera, keys, sunglasses, etc. On the outside of the bag there are 2 side pockets that are plenty big enough for bags of soft plastics, spools of line, or other items. A front mesh pocket is reinforced with rubber webbing. I store my scale in it for convenience. There is a tool holder on the side along with 2 pouches that can be used to hold water bottles or extra rods. I'm not sure how feasible that would work for rods as you'd have to watch for trees so you don't snap your rods.

As far as comfort, there are negative reviews out there that the bag is short and will dig into your lower back while wearing it. For me, it wasn't a problem. Granted I didn't have it loaded to the max but the padding on the back and straps were adequate.

I went back and forth trying to find a bag that would work for me both as a co angler bag when fishing with someone else and also as a backpack for fishing and road trips. So far, it has worked perfectly for my needs. The backpack is pretty reasonably priced too compared to other $200 backpacks. You will have to add 2 or 3 3700 series boxes  that do not come with the bag.

apenland01

Great review, thanks for that!

Capt. BassinLou