I Wanna Buy Something

Started by Bud Kennedy, August 09, 2020, 11:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

I swear something must be wrong with me.  I go through these phases where I just want to buy fishing or boat stuff.  I would like to re power my boat but there is no way I am going to spend that kind of money at this time but it does not stop me from researching motors.  After spending al the money re doing the Fast Strike and it is running great, I do not need to re power .....Yet.... 

OK so I don't want to spend a bunch but I still have a hankering for something.  How about a new rod...Nope don't really want one but I am always looking at Dobyns stuff.  Would like to try one of the Champion series someday or maybe even an extasy but not yet.  How about a new reel.   Nope I love my Daiwa SVTW reels don't need any more.  Maybe some XZone stuff.  Oh heck no i have drawers full of them. 

So here I am wanting something but needing nothing.  What kind of deal is that.  I guess I will wait until fall when I can do a lot more fishing than I can now in this summer heat.  I think I would just be happy to go to a tackle store and spend a few hours just looking at stuff but alas the only place we have around here is BPS and I hate going there so that is not gonna happen either.  I miss our Santee days where I could always go to Manning and hang out at Simpsons hardware who carries a nice assortment of quality fishing products and is also an Ace hardware store.  How good was that, you could kill two birds with one stone because you could spend time looking at fishing stuff then spend more time looking up and down the hardware aisles. Just might get to do that in late October or early November during our annual Santee trip. 

In the mean time I am just gonna sit here and wish on stuff or spend time on UB just to hear about what you folks are buying. 
;D :-* ~c~ ~gf ~gf

WTodd

" Buy" a gift card.... best of both worlds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHC286

Mama used to say money was burning a hole in your pocket!
I'm actually going through the same thing right now and don't know what to do about it.

Shooting is another sport I really enjoy, and last week I found two full boxes of 12 gauge shells in the middle of the road. I'm taking that as a sign from the gods and I've been researching shotguns. I reckon it's time to get back into skeet and birds.

Smallie_Stalker

Do any of you guys like to fish off a bridge? I have a nice one in Brooklyn I can sell you................ ~roflmao
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Princeton_Man

Yup, bigger screens would be easier on the tired old eyes.  ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Princeton_Man on August 09, 2020, 08:55:49 PM
Yup, bigger screens would be easier on the tired old eyes.  ~c~

Or in my case you might say that tired old EYE

Oldfart9999

It's the bait monkey working on you. You don't need to empty the wallet but the monkey keeps telling you there must be something you need, over and over. Have to fight the relentless monkey.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

I always "have to have" baits....

This might be up your alley Bud,

I decided I have too many spare hollow body frogs. I have 15 white ones and 19 black ones. But I'm a frog addict and will fish one 10, sometimes 11, months of the year. Just a matter of where I live. Anyway, when I went to buy more gear, I went straight to the frog section and for the first time talked myself out of them. Looked as I might I just couldn't find a mouse trap I didn't already have one or a dozen of.

So I went to the "Michael's Craft Store" across the street and bought a bunch of clear epoxies and glitters to see what works best at sealing to a vinyl frog... So far I've failed but it has kept the monkey off my back.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 10, 2020, 09:38:35 AM

I decided I have too many spare hollow body frogs. I have 15 white ones and 19 black ones. But I'm a frog addict and will fish one 10, sometimes 11, months of the year. Just a matter of where I live. Anyway, when I went to buy more gear, I went straight to the frog section and for the first time talked myself out of them. Looked as I might I just couldn't find a mouse trap I didn't already have one or a dozen of.

Blasphemy!! You can never have too many HBF!! Especially white ones!!  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Mike, if your HB frogs need a new foster home, I know I guy that would put them straight to work!!  lo lo 8)

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 10, 2020, 10:00:12 AM
Mike, if your HB frogs need a new foster home, I know I guy that would put them straight to work!!  lo lo 8)

Thanks for thinking about me Lou   ;D
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

I try to keep my stock around 8-10 each...  ~roflmao So to say I have to many really just means my peg is full and I need to rotate some to the boat. To do that, I had to make them look different that the 5 deep spares I have there. ~roflmao

Bud another thought... an action camera so we can see more footage of your river :-* Just made a post about an awesome one I found..

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 10, 2020, 11:20:58 AMBud another thought... an action camera so we can see more footage of your river :-* Just made a post about an awesome one I found..
Yes!

All those in favor?  ;D

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 10, 2020, 11:20:58 AM
I try to keep my stock around 8-10 each...  ~roflmao So to say I have to many really just means my peg is full and I need to rotate some to the boat. To do that, I had to make them look different that the 5 deep spares I have there. ~roflmao

That's a healthy stock of frogs Mike. I only keep 4, which I just had to replenish. Fortunately they arrive this week before my next outing. ;)

LgMouthGambler

I hear ya man. Just as soon as I sell off a few reels, I end up funding a Shimano Conquest.  lo It never ends.... ~b~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

I still say graphs.  How about one of those fancy garmin with live scope or a bird gen 3 with a mega 360 😁😁
BeerMe

Bud Kennedy

I do believe the problem is solved.  Got a service problem with the Fast Strike so it is going into the shop sometime next week to be checked out.  The Expedition has a problem that seems to be related to the VCT Solenoids so that should cure my need to buy something because I will probably be broke once again.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on August 12, 2020, 05:49:23 PM
I do believe the problem is solved.  Got a service problem with the Fast Strike so it is going into the shop sometime next week to be checked out.  The Expedition has a problem that seems to be related to the VCT Solenoids so that should cure my need to buy something because I will probably be broke once again.
That's disappointing.  :( Like many others, I was looking forward to helping you spend some money. What's going on with the Big Johnson?? ~shade

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Princeton_Man on August 12, 2020, 08:52:48 PM
That's disappointing.  :( Like many others, I was looking forward to helping you spend some money. What's going on the Big Johnson??

There are some things one man should never ask another man Jim....
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Princeton_Man on August 12, 2020, 08:52:48 PM
That's disappointing.  :( Like many others, I was looking forward to helping you spend some money. What's going on the Big Johnson??

Jim, a bit of the same ol problem.  There seems to be a leak that causes the motor to lose its prime if it has not been run in a few days.  This means that the motor won't develop enough RPMs to get on plane.  When this happens the motor only can develop 3100 rpms and then all of a sudden it takes off and things are just fine for the rest of the day.  Feels a bit like when a supercharger kicks on.  Upon examination it appears that there is some leakage (small amount) that collects in the motor cowling.  I pulled off the air cleaner and it too has some of the same fluid.  It appears to be fuel mixed with oil.  So, something is going on that allows the prime to go away and seems to fuel starve the motor.  Could be carb problems or it could be fuel pump.  Kinda hard to tell for sure.  All of this stuff had been serviced and rebuilt during the last service efforts.  I just hope the true culprit can be identified and fixed.

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 13, 2020, 08:13:06 AM
There are some things one man should never ask another man Jim....

Good one.  Made me spit a bit of my coffee out on that one.  I guess context does really matter.   lo

coldfront

Quote from: Bassinkorea on August 09, 2020, 08:12:25 PM
I'll second Joe  ~c~

this feels like an evil, evil whisper campaign.   ;D

such a poor response to a cry for help!

~roflmao