tatula sv tw or tatula 100?????

Started by di_ver_gent, August 10, 2020, 07:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

di_ver_gent

Im trying to decide between the tatula sv ta and tatula 100. What reel is better? To me the SV feels to be better quality but it hold much less line then the 100.

The reel will be on a Sr 734c for now and used for chatter,swim,senko,texas,spinner,jig etc. Pretty much all purpose until I get another setup. Thanks
Dobyns Sierra 734c w/Zillion sv tw 7.3:1-Dobyns Fury 735c w/Tatula 150 7.3:1-Dobyns Fury 705cb w/Revo3 winch 5.4:1-Phenix Feather 6'9" MH XF w/Slx Dc 7.2:1

Bud Kennedy

I truly love my TAT SVTW Reels.  They shine when changing to use multiple styles of baits.  Very easy to make on the fly adjustments without having to go inside the reel.  I don't like their 8 gear models however they just don't feel solid.  Some describe it as "geary".  My 7s and 6s work great and feel much more solid and smooth compared to my 8s although I still use the 8s they are not my preference.  I have not found the shallow spool to be a problem although on certain bait styles you can come pretty close to spooling the reel on those mega long casts.  That would be the only deal that might be a problem for some.  I tend to make shorter target casts so not usually a problem for my personal style.  Your milage may vary.   ~c~

caddyjoe77

SV TW

the 100 is not bad though.  but, because you are using them for mutilple applications go with the SV. 

if you can find an original SV 103 (good luck) -- those are the deal!!
BeerMe

di_ver_gent

I actually bought both and used the sv tw. It feels so much nicer, glad i made the right choice. Time to return the 100 and catch some bass
Dobyns Sierra 734c w/Zillion sv tw 7.3:1-Dobyns Fury 735c w/Tatula 150 7.3:1-Dobyns Fury 705cb w/Revo3 winch 5.4:1-Phenix Feather 6'9" MH XF w/Slx Dc 7.2:1

hydrillagorillahunter

Quote from: di_ver_gent on August 11, 2020, 03:11:30 AM
I actually bought both and used the sv tw. It feels so much nicer, glad i made the right choice. Time to return the 100 and catch some bass

i purchased the JDM 6.3 tatula sv tw about a month ago and upgraded the spool bearings with the ZPI 3x8x4 & 3x10x4 set over at tackletrap.com.  got one NIB for $166 on ebay and shipping from japan was very fast...faster than expected.  anyway, not sure about the sideplate screws on the US version, but the JDM version requires a special screwdriver which does make life easier...was able to patiently get away with a finesse flathead screwdriver.

after the bearing swap though i must say the reel is smooth.  so good in fact it compares to my steez sv tw which is $300 more or less in price.  i went 6.3 ratio because i'm finding it's more ideal for swimjigs, chatters and spinners.

the other bearings i considering were hedgehog that provides options based on lure weight which are available at tackletrap as well, but...decided on zpi.  anyway, it does make the reel buttery glass table smooth.