Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help  (Read 746 times)

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Help
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:03:00 AM »

Where do u buy used gear.
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:48:20 PM by squirrel73 »

geneinnc

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 10:06:06 AM »

Location is everything. Shipping on a rod is $20 and higher. Post up your home and you might find hand me downs. You can pm it if you don't want to Post in the forum.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 10:10:54 AM »

Thank you.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:48:44 PM by squirrel73 »

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • UB Life Member & LSCR Club Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 10:05:54 PM »

Squirrel 73,

What kind of equipment are you looking for?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax
G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat  Yamaha 25hp outboard
Personal Best 8.33lbs

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 07:40:10 AM »

I removed my comments.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:49:26 PM by squirrel73 »

FD

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »

I'm basically starting over. I do have a old reel but I dont think it works. I have been a couple times and I borrowed a baitcast rig from my neighbor. He said I could use it when he isnt. Problem there is that he is always using it lol. Guys I know it sounds pretty pathetic but iv had over a million dollars worth of medical Bill's and back when I was having surgeries I had to sale off all I had to pay my percentage of those or they would not do the operations. I'll get there. I am starting to get to where I can work a little on the side and I will get my company back up and going if I can find help. That's been my worst problem. Noone wants to work in construction here in KY. It's sad. And I cant do the work alone at all. I'll get there. Just miss the water so bad. Use to have a boat but this time I'm shooting for a kayak when I can. They look fun. Right now I have a few soft baits and that's about it.

Stay active on this site and I'm sure you'll be getting some fishing gear  help.

CPF Lures Pro Staff

TR 20X2 - Merc 250 Pro XS - Humminbird      Ford F-450 4X4
               Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   CPF Lures Pro Staff

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 01:24:50 PM »

Thanks FD.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:49:59 PM by squirrel73 »

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 10:54:01 PM »

Got a reel

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:50:25 PM by squirrel73 »

1ReelFanatik

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 07:34:32 AM »

Well I got my own reel guys. Thanks to 13 Fishing. Awesome group of people there at 13 Fishing. Thank you so much. Now to match this baby with the right rod. Any suggestions??

Can you use left hand reels?  What is your fishing like?  Heavy cover?  Clear deep water?  In between?  What lures do you like to fish?  What weights?  Can't suggest a rod without some kind of information.  Can suggest a MF or MHF as a decent all around rod.  Or possibly one with a Med. Fast action.  Like my OG Tatulas with a Regular action.

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 09:04:23 AM »

I fish a lot of both
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:50:58 PM by squirrel73 »

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 09:08:06 AM »

Where I have been out of the game is knowing what brands are good and what brands aren't. .I know some but still learning. 

~RC~

bigjim5589

• Forum Staff
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 09:40:20 AM »

I'm on Ebay a lot looking around, and there's always some very good used gear on there. The trouble is, a lot of other folks are also looking there. However, if you're patient, you can sometimes find some good deals.

Most folks on Ebay are looking for cheap deals, but I have seen auction prices get crazy & go higher than what they can get the item for otherwise. There are some very good deals there too with Buy It Now, but you do have to spend the time looking.

As far as rods, I've purchased a few used rods at times, but am leery about it, because rods get damaged too often with the shipping. I've even paid extra to be sure a rod was shipped in a rigid tube, like PVC, just to guard against damage. Of course, you also can't inspect a rod when buying online, and especially used, so you're being trusting that the rod had not been damaged previously. Just some things to consider.

Check pawn shops & places like Goodwill. Sometimes you can find fishing gear there at reasonable prices.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 11:40:28 AM by bigjim5589 »
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker! It's Not Just A Hobby, It's An OBSESSION!!

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »

Thanks Jim.

~RC~
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:51:29 PM by squirrel73 »

bigjim5589

• Forum Staff
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 11:56:04 AM »

RC, for your comment about brands, I think most well known brands will have a variety of gear in various price ranges. Now, if you look at a brand such as Loomis, you're not going to find $50 rods. Brands such as Abu Garcia, Berkley, and even Shimano & Diawa to some extent have had rods & reels that were marketed to folks who had more limited budgets.

I have a couple of Shimano rods that I use for crankbaits, that can be found for around $35 new. Bass Pro Shops has had some very good rods at prices that are more reasonable for budget buyers. I have purchased a couple of the BPS Extreme, Woo Daves series spinnerbait rods, both used & new. I very much like those rods, and they can be purchased at reasonable prices. These are not top of the line, but they are gear that can be fished and put to good use, and seems to me from what you've said about your situation, that's a great place to start.   

I bought a couple of Shimano FX series spinning rods, with reels many years ago for two of my boys. They caught a lot of fish on them, and frankly, I liked them a lot to fish with, for general fishing. I think I paid $20 for each outfit. The reels eventually got replaced, but the rods still did a good job. They're not rods that you would likely see a Pro using. The point is, they served the purpose which we bought them for, and didn't cost a lot.  ;)

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 03:00:10 PM »

Yeah Jim I have been eyeing a Berkley rod that's fairly cheap. Also an Ugly stick. Both Medium fast action rods. Both 7ft I believe . Really like that Berkley. May get it once I can. It's not too bad in cost either. I think around 40 to 50.

~RC~

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 07:53:43 AM »

Sorry to hear about your multiple surgeries and the challenges that came about with it. Question. Have you used a kayak since your last surgery? Can your body handle the rigors of kayaking along with bass fishing out of one?

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 10:27:31 AM »

I have used a rental.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:52:00 PM by squirrel73 »

bigjim5589

• Forum Staff
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 11:08:39 AM »

Sorry to hear about your multiple surgeries and the challenges that came about with it. Question. Have you used a kayak since your last surgery? Can your body handle the rigors of kayaking along with bass fishing out of one?

That's a good question! I know that many folks here have mentioned having back issues here in the past. There's been whole discussions about it. I've had one surgery, but guess I've been fortunate, as it didn't limit me a lot. However, I'm tall & not comfortable if I have to sit too low. I even added pedestals to the seats on my Gheenoe to enable getting my butt up higher. If I have to sit with my knees up, my back kills me after a short time.

RC, how about moving a kayak around? My Gheenoe is much heavier than most yaks, since it's fiberglass, and I've added various things to it that increased the weight, like swivel seats & the pedestals I mentioned. It has front & back anchors too, which I have to remove prior to handling it. I can move it around in the bed of my truck, but no way I could carry it, as it's way too heavy. Will you be able to handle moving a yak around?

I used to have a belly boat, but gave up on using them. I liked it, but it limited how much I could carry, and now, with gators in our waters, no way I would risk that!  lo  That was a lighter option, and easily carried & moved, but it had it's down side too.

I guess we're getting off the original topic here, but these are all things that you may have to think about eventually. All the gear in the world isn't of much use if you can't safely get on the water with it.  ~shade

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 11:14:07 AM »

I have used those huge wheels to move one and I did ok.
~RC~
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:52:22 PM by squirrel73 »

squirrel73

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »

This is the last surgery.  The first picture is after and before shots. Had 3 screws on one side. Now have 6. 3 on each side. They dont give as much. Lol. The last surgery really really helped. A Neurosurgeon did it. I stopped letting an Ortho touch my back. Always use a Neuro

~RC~

1ReelFanatik

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 08:14:57 AM »

Look at the Daiwa Aird X.  Don't recall ever seeing a bad comment about this series.  About $55 full price.  This would be my first choice for a low cost, quality rod.  The Tatula line is great.  About $150-$160 for most models, but sometimes can be found for about $110 at Sportsman's Outfitters.  I've got several of the original models.  Fantastic rods for the money.  I was lucky.  Never paid more than $100 for one.   ;D  You won't find much on the Procyon rods, but they are quite nice for the price.  The Tatula XT often gets praised.

As for a quality low cost casting reel, the Quantum Icon PT has been discontinued.  It was a $119 reel.  The 6.3 RH and 7.0 LH can be found on Amazon for $39.99 with free shipping.  Tax raised the price to $42.39.  Has quality features not found until the $200 price range of some well known brand names.

Sorry to hear of your back problems.  I don't need surgery...according to my last MRI...but at my age back pain has become almost a constant.  Put 5th Lumbar out at 25 and many, many times since.  PT isn't helping all that much.  Arthritis in the back is a beach.  Bone spurs on a couple vertebrae just below shoulder blades that were put out at 16 make laying on my back on a firm mattress for more than a few minutes painful.  I sympathize with anyone having back problems.  Not fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.