Broken Bow Eye

Started by Rangerman, August 27, 2020, 07:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

:'( Been loading and trailing boats for over 60 year, yes I'm old.  Never had a bow eye break, New first loaded boat Z520C  yesterday and bow broke. Like a 1/2" out of center.   Now a bad fix on my model of boat, using MM sockets and std study.  Bow Eye Broke.  Lord give me a break.  Hong Kong Harry Mess ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~

big g

Never heard of that one before!  It's always something when you least expect it! :'(
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

apenland01

If you have a 2 speed Fulton F2, breaking a bow eye isn't unheard of.  If the bow eye itself broke and not the fiberglass, it's an easy fix more or less.  You just have to take the front panel off and replace the bow eye.  If it's the fiberglass that let go, well that's a whole different problem...

Bud Kennedy

Well Boots what can I say.  I guess you are proof that the don't build em like they used to.  You gotta love those China made metal products.  At least it did not pull out of the fiberglass.  I have seen a few of those as well but usually for older boats like mine. 

Deadeye

Quote from: Rangerman on August 27, 2020, 07:03:00 PM
:'( Been loading and trailing boats for over 60 year, yes I'm old.  Never had a bow eye break, New first loaded boat Z520C  yesterday and bow broke. Like a 1/2" out of center.   Now a bad fix on my model of boat, using MM sockets and std study.  Bow Eye Broke.  Lord give me a break.  Hong Kong Harry Mess ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~

I honestly had no idea what your trying to say.

Bow Eye broke like 1/2" out of center? What does that mean?

Bad fix of MM Sockets and std Study? Again WHAT?

You broke your Bow Eye, I got that much. The metal broke? It pulled through the fibeglass? The metal bent?

If the Bow Eye it's self broke then take off the Bow Panel and remove the inside parts ad put a new one one. The rest of that, well I got no idea.

Rangerman

OK easy fix once bow panel removed.  Nuts were MM not std size inside. Nuts on outside were std size.  You know Metric vs Std USA size lo  Bow eye replacements very many.  Some are Hong Kong Harry (China) lo and some USA.  Long and short is on the Ranger had to have US and Metric wrences and sockets to replace. Some common sense and very long arms.  Now you understand english lo lo lo lo Now on 1/2" broken out of center mean 1/2" missing as if it was sawed, You know Broke lo  Standard trailer wench no two speed.

Draw a big U and remove bottom section ~shade

Eric-Maine

Broke 2 so far. Original and replacement. Expect it to happen again. 2018 521

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Deadeye

Ranger Boats tend to he heavier than other similar sized boats. I rarely use the winch to pull mine up. I just ease it up until it touches and stop. Hook up and gone.