Xtasy spinning rods...

Started by Gwamba, August 18, 2020, 11:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwamba

Anyone have hands on experience with the Xtasy Spin sticks? Just wondering how a DXR 752 SF would compare against a DX 742 SF as far as action and sensitivity...
I don't want an action slower than the DX 742SF. Would LOVE to see an XFast spin rod for a Smallie/Walleye crossover  :-*
Dobyns Rods   Piscifun Reels   Xcite Baits 
Rapala  Strike King

zippyduck

I wish I could help. My DRX755C is right in line with the rest of the 5 power casting rods. If that helps at all.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Gwamba

Thanks!
I've fished most of the line up over the years but I know there are some pretty observable differences in the spinning rods...It would be nice to know from a hands on evaluation if the DRX is worth an extra 190$ over a DX and how the actions compare... :) 
Rapala  Strike King

strongx

Quote from: zippyduck on August 18, 2020, 12:27:22 PM
I wish I could help. My DRX755C is right in line with the rest of the 5 power casting rods. If that helps at all.
Zippy-how does that 755 compare to my dc744? Can it handle 3/4 jigs with trailers?

apenland01

I really like my 752, but I can't really compare it to my 742 because I broke it in the rod locker after fishing it one time.  I didn't catch a fish on it, so it's tough to say...

zippyduck

Quote from: strongx on August 18, 2020, 04:14:22 PM
Zippy-how does that 755 compare to my dc744? Can it handle 3/4 jigs with trailers?

The DRX755c has more tip action and more power than the DC744c.
I use the DC744c for 1/4 to 1/2 oz. baits and mostly around wood and rock.
The Drx755c I use 1/2 to 1-1/4 oz weights. I actually punch with it and C-rig. And everything you can do with a bottom contact rod. I've even used Bull ribbits on it.

3/4 jigs will work great on it.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Gwamba

Spent a bit of time with Gary on the phone yesterday...he actually put a DRX 753SF on the the flex tester vs a DX Extreme...The DRX was slightly slower...a bit more tip flex... That's the only spin stick Gary carries on his boat now...the DRX 753SF. The slightly softer tip is an asset IMO. Thats all I needed to know  ~roflmao
Rapala  Strike King

Gary Dobyns

Quote from: Gwamba on August 22, 2020, 03:40:48 PM
Spent a bit of time with Gary on the phone yesterday...he actually put a DRX 753SF on the the flex tester vs a DX Extreme...The DRX was slightly slower...a bit more tip flex... That's the only spin stick Gary carries on his boat now...the DRX 753SF. The slightly softer tip is an asset IMO. Thats all I needed to know  ~roflmao

Tom is correct. Both Richard D. and myself use the DRX 753SF for 100% of our spinning needs. Truthfully, we're not light line drop shotters but this rod would do it.  I told Richard this rod was special and didn't try it for a couple of months, but then he says "Dad that rods bad a$$ I need 4 more of them". Sh** I should of let him continue fished DX and saved a bunch money :) :)  The DRX 753SF is the bomb!! Can't wait to see how Tom likes it!!

Ranger621

Gary is spot on about the Xtasy 753sf. I fish the Great Lakes for big smallmouth and it's the best spinning rod I've used Period. I used every high end spinning rod on the market and this one takes the cake. I use this rod for everything as I have a spinning rod in my hand 90% of the time. Drop shot,tubes,small swimbaits it does it all! I have 3 and will be adding another.