WARNING!!!

Started by strongx, September 11, 2020, 07:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strongx

The bait monkey ain't no joke. Beware...

It started with a good deal on a dc704sf at dicks's. I followed that with a 705 glass, df705, 805cb, 764cb, and dc744c. All are super rods. I recently tried to order both a 743sf and 742 sf, but only received the 743. It's killer.

I have a few more on my list - 704cb, 735c, 742sf, and 732sf all seem highly recommended. I am also interested in either the colt and/or sierra 734. And dare I say it: the 3/4 jig rod and trailer may be the 755.  :surrender:

Eventually, I may need a boat so I dont have to carry all these rods thru the woods...just kidding  ;D. Thx for the website and advice you guys provide. Being able to search thru knowledgeable opinions/reviews for these rods really helps those of us who don't have these rods nearby to shake. Gary's input is also priceless!

Bassinkorea

If it wasn't so difficult, risky and expensive to ship them Internationally then I would have a bunch more, that's for sure.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

apenland01

My DC704SF is the rod I use the most because of my techniques.  Great rod for sure...

zippyduck

Yes they are addicting for sure. :surrender:
So many options and so little spare cash.  :help:
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Smallie_Stalker

I don't own any of the Colts but I have at least one rod in each of the other series. Each was purchased for a specific set of circumstances, and in the far to little time I've gotten to fish with them they have never disappointed. And I've found that I can use each rod for more than just the uses I purchased them for.

If I had no money worries I would own several of each and every rod Dobyns makes. To paraphrase an old saying - "I never met a Dobyns rod I didn't like".  ;D
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dink Dawg

I'm kind of surprised you haven't picked up a 734C to date.  It's the most versatile model over all.  We'll see what happened to the Kaden development.  Then throw the 744C in the mix.   ;PEP)

strongx

Quote from: Dink Dawg on September 11, 2020, 01:42:12 PM
I'm kind of surprised you haven't picked up a 734C to date.  It's the most versatile model over all.  We'll see what happened to the Kaden development.  Then throw the 744C in the mix.   ;PEP)
734C and 735 glass are two more I failed to mention. :-*

Im trying to focus on some finesse/2 power rods. 2.8 keitech on a 1/16 or 1/8 jig OR small shad rap would make you want what rod? Sa702sf? Or longer rod like DC732sf or 742sf? Do I need to go to the 741 for the small stuff?

apenland01

Caught my first drop shot fish today on my DRX 752 SF.  Amazing sensitivity.  I never fish a drop shot, but today we did while eating a quick bite during our tournament.  Now I can add drop shot to my ned rig and light bottom contact baits for the 752.

caddyjoe77

the monkey is a dangerous beast!!

wait until he sends his cousin, the reel monkey.....  lo
BeerMe

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on September 12, 2020, 09:58:34 PM

Truth!

Posted Using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

strongx

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on September 12, 2020, 09:58:34 PM

:o   ~shhh

Any word when the 742's might be back in? sa702sf or dc732sf for shad rap and/or small keitech?