Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing. ADD SPACE
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

3 am Server UPDATE site might be unavailable.

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

ADD SPACE

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Rod for Ned Dreds - DRX 752 SF  (Read 516 times)

apenland01

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Best Rod for Ned Dreds - DRX 752 SF
« on: September 20, 2020, 12:02:13 AM »

I caught a few today on the Dobyns Xtasy DRX 752 SF rod using a Daiwa Ballistic LT2500 with 8 pound K9 fluoro blend.  It's just a great rig all the way around for the technique...

bro_drey

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Best Rod for Ned Dreds - DRX 752 SF
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 04:59:37 AM »

Nice . Killer rod brotha . Iíve never used a skirted ned head before.  What weight was that? Also Iíve never used the fluoro coated mono how was that ?Iím a 6-8lb trilene guy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bro_drey

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 05:00:36 AM »

Nice . Killer rod brotha . Iíve never used a skirted ned head before.  What weight was that? Also Iíve never used the fluoro coated mono how was that ?Iím a 6-8lb trilene guy .

No trailer?

apenland01

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »

It's got the wire keeper for putting a soft plastic on it, but the rubber skirt actually hangs down around the hook when its in the water, so I don't fish it with a trailer.  You certainly could.  Just not my preference with this particular bait and rod.   When it's in the water, the feather undulates when moving and flares when stopped.  It's a 3/32 head with Daiichi hook with a wire keeper.  All told, it's probably 1/8 as it sits.

apenland01

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 09:50:43 AM »

Also the K9 blended fluoro is my go to line for any moving bait.  I also use it in 8 pound for lightweight bottom baits and drop shot, as I can't get the straight fluoro to behave on my little Diawa LT2500 reels in anything over 6 pounds.  I love the Diawa LT's, but they are very picky about what line I can put on them.  I've found the K9 blend 8 pound to be perfect for them.

I use the K9 blend on all my 3000 size spinning reels in 10 or 12 pound test for weightless flukes, other weightless craws, etc.  It's perfect for that.  I also use it with 3/8 swing head jigs on my DX 764 spinning rod using little chigger craws slow swimming it near bottom.  Works great for that too.

I use the K9 100% in 12 and 15 pound test on my baitcasters for jigs, etc.  I only use baitcasters for heavier baits.  I'm deadly accurate with my spinning rods and I can do things with them like letting the bait drop, that I can't do with a baitcaster....

bro_drey

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 11:52:49 AM »

Also the K9 blended fluoro is my go to line for any moving bait.  I also use it in 8 pound for lightweight bottom baits and drop shot, as I can't get the straight fluoro to behave on my little Diawa LT2500 reels in anything over 6 pounds.  I love the Diawa LT's, but they are very picky about what line I can put on them.  I've found the K9 blend 8 pound to be perfect for them.

I use the K9 blend on all my 3000 size spinning reels in 10 or 12 pound test for weightless flukes, other weightless craws, etc.  It's perfect for that.  I also use it with 3/8 swing head jigs on my DX 764 spinning rod using little chigger craws slow swimming it near bottom.  Works great for that too.

I use the K9 100% in 12 and 15 pound test on my baitcasters for jigs, etc.  I only use baitcasters for heavier baits.  I'm deadly accurate with my spinning rods and I can do things with them like letting the bait drop, that I can't do with a baitcaster....
Nice so no braid at all ? I like braid for top water only . Iíll use it with a leader sometimes for in water but honestly I donít mind the stretch of just fluoro on my jig rods. I use mono for everything else . Just canít seem to duplicate the castability with other lines that I get with mono

apenland01

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 12:09:17 PM »

I very rarely use braid.  We have almost no vegetation, just brush, trees and rocks.  I'll use braid if someone forces me to flip/pitch in the trees or brush.  Otherwise, I'm using fluoro or fluoro blend.  I use mono for all of my topwater baits, but that's the only place I use mono.

If I were ranking stretch of the products I use from nothing to stretchy, it would be braid, fluoro, fluoro blend and then mono.  I use Sunline Natural mono right now, as I caught it on sale and bought a few spools of it.  It has been great for my topwater baits.

apenland01

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 01:12:36 PM »

I'm fishing a tournament next weekend and I'll be a co-angler, so getting my travel tackle box ready.  Here's a better picture of what the Ned Dreds would look like in the water.  Also a good pic of the wire keeper for a soft plastic, if you're so inclined...

bro_drey

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 01:37:30 PM »

Looks good

Gwamba

• Bass Fishing Guide
  • Baby Bass
    • Northwoods Adventures
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 10:05:40 AM »

Nice report...sweet rod  :)
Dobyns Rods   Lews Reels   Xcite Baits 
Cabelas           Gamakatsu   Live Target
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

ADD SPACE

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 29 queries.