Brevard Canal Report

Started by FlatsNBay, October 12, 2020, 01:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

No Pics today. I didn't even think about it. ~b~

On the water at 0700 with high hopes that any of the six sets of culvert pipes had some flow out of them because of all of the recent rains. Pipe 1 had no flow so I moved over to pipe 2. Bingo! The topwater bite was on. I caught 11 on a chrome Devil's Horse. The bite died so I planned on coming back to this particular culvert with a fluke later. Pipe 3 and 4 had no flow but I managed a couple on a Bandit 300 deep diving crankbait. While I was fishing, a really nice guy that was speck fishing idled by and stopped to talk with me and he complimeneted my boat. He was armed with a bunch of cane poles so off he went.

I didn't fish pipe 5 because there was a  different speck fisherman anchored right at the pipe so I moved along to the 6th pipe. I caught a couple more on the deep diver and big fish of the day (3 lbs.) on a Yum Mag Finesse Worm. Boy I really like that worm. It's nothing close to finesse and is 7 1/2 inches and is really fat. I have big plans for that worm.

Back to pipe 5 and this is when it got real interesting! I found a school of fish out deep in front of the pipe and I caught 1 fish after another on the deep diver. I was at 30 fish when the nice guy that I spoke with earlier comes idling by me and proceeded ~b~ to set up in front of the pipe exactly where I was casting and catching the school of bass. I politely told the man that I was catching fish right where he was and he looked at me and threw out his anchor "Sploosh". I switched up to a Keitech swimbait on a jighead and proceeded to cast within a few feet of the guy's boat. I bounced the swimbait on the bottom and picked up 4 more bass when the guy says, "You are having a good day". He pulled up his anchor and off he went. I never got mad. They guy was really nice and friendly but didn't have a clue. If I didn't have my sights set on going back to pipe 2 with a fluke, I would of probably got mad. People have no clue now a days in either a car or a boat!!

Back to pipe 2 with a white fluke and the bite was on. I was catching them on every cast until I was worn out. I ended up with 52 bass and 1 speck. Top baits for the day were the Bandit 300 deep diver, Devil's Horse, and white fluke. Off the water at 1200. I smiled all the way home!

I know, I know.....pics or it didn't happern! LOL

Capt. BassinLou

~c~  WTG Flats!! Thank you for sharing.

big g

Sounds like a great day with a few nutty moments.  We have all come across a few people who just have no clue.  Great patience!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.