Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing. ADD SPACE
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

ADD SPACE

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Lew's KVD Rods  (Read 313 times)

hydrillagorillahunter

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
New Lew's KVD Rods
« on: October 23, 2020, 04:52:36 AM »

I went ahead and picked up one of the new lew's kvd rods.  I got the 7' multipurpose rod rated at 1/4-2oz MH-F.  For $100 I'm pleasantly surprised.  You can throw a 1.5oz glidebait with ease then turn around a toss a 1/4oz swimjig really well.  It loads 80/20 and the tip might be a touch on the low side of fast action.  It's not $500 ultra light but for a 2oz rated rod...no complaints.  It appears his handle length specs and such from his quantum line carried over to Lew's - see below.  The quantum rod in image is a 6'10'' MH and you'll notice the Lew's rod essentially has the same handle length and setup.  The guides are microguides and line flows very smoothly through the guides...smoother than my poison adrena.  The fit and finish of the rod is as good as it gets for a $100 rod...the guide wraps are neat and clean as well.  All the guides on my rod are perfectly straight as well.  Again, I'm very pleased with the versatility of this multipurpose rod.   

BassmanRudy

• Charter Member
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
Re: New Lew's KVD Rods
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »

I was wondering when I'd see something about his new Lew's stuff!! I use a lot of his cranking rods from Quantum and can only imagine the same in-depth detail would carry over. Thanks for the review!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

kdubracing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 10:44:08 AM »

Thanks. I think you found me a rod to replace a cheap-o as a secondary general purpose rod. I've been interested in getting a couple of the smaller/cheaper Savage Gear swimbaits and this rod looks ideal for that, and for any other misc. stuff I want to tie on.

hydrillagorillahunter

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 06:59:59 PM »

Thanks. I think you found me a rod to replace a cheap-o as a secondary general purpose rod. I've been interested in getting a couple of the smaller/cheaper Savage Gear swimbaits and this rod looks ideal for that, and for any other misc. stuff I want to tie on.

I'll tell you...I'm slinging 1oz i-jacks, i-louds and 6oz magdrafts with ease on it.  then can turn around and tie on a 1/4 to 5/16oz swimjig and sling'em just fine.  I'm pretty happy with this $99 rod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

ADD SPACE

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.