Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing. ADD SPACE
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

ADD SPACE

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dobyns' CB line of rods  (Read 379 times)

rb-nc

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
Dobyns' CB line of rods
« on: October 26, 2020, 05:35:39 AM »

Not too many rod manufactures have ever nailed a series of rods like Gary did this line. My son and I got out in the wind and rain yesterday to fish. Saturday was 80 and sunny yesterday 58 raining and wind blowing 15-20. Robert was throwing Megabass 110+1 jerkbais and I was throwing squarebill and rattle bait. Lots of fish catches, over 50. Only one fish lost all day and it wasn't on a CB series rod, it was on a spinnerbait. Most of the time my go to rod is the 705CB glass. The transition of the rod from tip to backbone is amazing. I have a bunch of glass/composite rods. Most of those rods when they load to the backbone you can feel the rod loading and unloading for a few seconds. On the 705 when that rod loads it stays loaded. Thats also why its a great chatterbait rod. Now Robert will NOT go fishing without a jerkbait tied on the 684CB. Now its a Gen 1 and the cork is ugly as the speaker of the house but it still doing its job.We have a nice rod collection, Megabass, custom builds and I think 18 Dobyns. But for treble hook baits its almost always a CB series rod 

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: Dobyns' CB line of rods
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 09:17:10 AM »

I don't have but a couple crankbait rods but one of them is the 705CB and it an awesome rod. I can throw rattle baits, squarebills and mid range cranks. I can even spool it up with braid and rip traps threw grass. Just a great rod.

The hook up to land ratio has been incredible for me. I used to loose so many bass on traps and cranks, probably 30 percent or so, with the glass/composite it's a rare occurrence that a bass jumps or pulls off.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Dobyns, Daiwa, LSCR, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »

I have a few CB rods and will be ordering more.
The 735 and 736cb glass rods are my favorite for mid to deep cranks along with chatterbaits.
 I use a 704cb for jerkbaits and love the action on the jerkbaits and the way it keeps fish pinned is exceptional.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 02:38:58 PM »

I definitely need more of the CB rods. I prefer glass/composite for pretty much all treble hook baits but I want to try some of Gary's graphite CB rods. In the past, graphite cranking rods have caused me to set the hook before the fish actually had the bait due to being able to feel the change in vibration of the crank so clearly. i'm interested to see how Gary's rods differ in this respect.

I got more than a few chances to throw chatterbaits and bigger mid depth to deep diving cranks on the 736 CB Glass rod up in Vermont this past summer and I was super happy with the way the rod performed. I didn't catch anything of real size, but I was impressed with the sensitivity for a glass/composite rod and how the rod allowed me to control the fish even on the ones caught deep.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dink Dawg

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 09:55:07 PM »

No one has a crankbait series as dialed as Dobyns.   I have seven. Incredible stuff. ;PEP)

strongx

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »

After running into the dc704sf, the next several I got were cb rods. The 805, 764, and 705 are great rods. I wish I caught more fish on them. Still learning I guess. Ive got an xtra 705 glass Id like to trade for a 735 glass. Give me some cb tips!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

ADD SPACE

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.