Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing. ADD SPACE
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

ADD SPACE

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3600 size box for swimjigs  (Read 344 times)

hydrillagorillahunter

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
3600 size box for swimjigs
« on: October 26, 2020, 07:13:24 PM »

So for kayak or bank fishing I gravitate towards the 3600 size boxes.  I'm currently using the Plano Edge 3600 boxes, but find them just a bit too shallow for swimjigs or jigheads with weedguards.  I'll typically setup for GP, white and blk&blue presentations in their own slots.  I don't like removing trailers when switching over to another color profile either.  So in each coffin/slot I'll have maybe 2-3 setups.  The problem with the 3600 edge box is it's deforming weedguards due to low clearance.  Yeah I could not stack as many per slot but even with one it's still tight with the weedguard.

I've been eyeing the Gamakatsu G-Box Utility Case 3600 box as it has a little more depth and looks as if I could still setup for 5-6 slots and just run swimjig only heads in smaller slots below.  But, I'm here looking for suggestions on a quality 3600 box with some depth to it from those using for swimjigs or jigheads with weedguards.

gshappell

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: 3600 size box for swimjigs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 08:36:22 PM »

I use the buzbe boxes for bank beating and kayak fishing.  They have their pros and cons.  Definitely cant pack as much as a standard 3600 plano or flambeau.  But after using them for a bit, that is a good thing for me to have less to pick from.  I like the latches better than my plano edge boxes.  I like pulling containers out of my larger boxes and swapping them in my 3600 when bank fishing.  Hight is pretty decent and even better when i leave some of the boxes out and just put my jigs/etc... in the box by itself.  Cons are price and when i do want to pack a box with as much as i can, i go back to my old flambeau 3600s to pack in a bunch of stuff.

kdubracing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 10:10:12 PM »

I just use the standard 3600 boxes. They fit jigs fine for me in my kayak. A couple of jigs here and there need to be placed in there at a bit of an angle, but mostly all fit fine. I havenít had any problem with deformed weed guards.

hydrillagorillahunter

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 10:16:55 PM »

I use the buzbe boxes for bank beating and kayak fishing.  They have their pros and cons.  Definitely cant pack as much as a standard 3600 plano or flambeau.  But after using them for a bit, that is a good thing for me to have less to pick from.  I like the latches better than my plano edge boxes.  I like pulling containers out of my larger boxes and swapping them in my 3600 when bank fishing.  Hight is pretty decent and even better when i leave some of the boxes out and just put my jigs/etc... in the box by itself.  Cons are price and when i do want to pack a box with as much as i can, i go back to my old flambeau 3600s to pack in a bunch of stuff.

the colony 15 modular just might work...thanks!

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 08:27:39 AM »

Have you tried the Plano Edge Jig box? If you put the jigs in upside down you don't effect the weed guard and you can hold a ton of jigs.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

kdubracing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 10:20:39 AM »

Have you tried the Plano Edge Jig box? If you put the jigs in upside down you don't effect the weed guard and you can hold a ton of jigs.
I recently got this box and love it. But I donít think you can get it in 3600 size. The issue with 3700 size is it doesnít fit well in kayak crates. The 3600 size does. What I do is keep all my jigs in the Edge box, then transfer what I want to take for the particular lake Iím going to into a 3600 for the day.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 12:28:56 PM »

I didn't even look to see what size it was because it's a specialty box... ~b~
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

gshappell

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 01:36:45 PM »

I recently got this box and love it. But I donít think you can get it in 3600 size. The issue with 3700 size is it doesnít fit well in kayak crates. The 3600 size does. What I do is keep all my jigs in the Edge box, then transfer what I want to take for the particular lake Iím going to into a 3600 for the day.

Yeah I noticed this with standard size milk crates.  I found the 'rectangle' size crates on Amazon or Walmart and they fit the 3700 sizes good while allowing a couple smaller 3600's next to it.

kdubracing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »

Yeah I noticed this with standard size milk crates.  I found the 'rectangle' size crates on Amazon or Walmart and they fit the 3700 sizes good while allowing a couple smaller 3600's next to it.
Yeah, I wanted to use something like that, but it wouldnít fit with the way the back of my kayak is shaped. I had to use a standard milk crate.

hydrillagorillahunter

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »

I have...just wish they made one in 3600 size and as kdubracing mentioned with standard size crates & 3600s when kayaking.

FishaHallic

• Smallmouth
  • Clearwater Florida
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 08:18:02 PM »

This is funny, I was just looking at the Plano Edge Jig box also, the reviews were good.  Good tip Mike on turning the jigs upside down to protect the weed guard.   ~c~
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole and Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2

9lbs 15oz PB
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

ADD SPACE

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.