Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Post your froggin setup(s)

(Read 2630 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
Interesting to see how many of you guys use a Heavy caliber rod for frog fishing.

I use a Wright McGill (Skeete Reese) 7'3" Jig/Heavy Worm Rod that by it's weight rating would be a Medium Extra Heavy, I guess. Lews Speed Spool with 65 PP.

Never have had a problem dragging a Bass out of Pads or whatever with it yet it casts very easy and far.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

Blacknredflake

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Dobyns Fury 735c, Diawa Fuego 8:3:1

Although I have yet to get a frog fish with it I LOVE it for bigger baits too.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Same and another setup with tatula 8:3:1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

kdubracing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Tatula Elite 7’3” Heavy, Curado K 8.5:1. However it is new and I haven’t actually thrown a frog on it yet, so TBD on how I like it.

FishinBuck07

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Dobyns Kaden 714C with a Lew's Tournament MP 8:3.1 reel 65# braid.  I like the short rod because I am short, also the lakes I fish here in Ohio don't have heavy grass in them!

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
Currently I'm using a Daiwa Fuego CT 8-1 on a Powell 725. I like it a lot but am contemplating going back to a shorter rod since most of my frogging involves skipping the frog in close quarters. I do like the setup though.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk