rod help for jighead rigs

Started by Mattiaz, November 03, 2020, 01:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattiaz

Hi,

hope you guys can help me out

I previously had an 15 Zodias 166M 1/4-3/4oz (7-21g) for jighead rigs and here in sweden i used it alot for jighead rigs for zander.
Usually a 1/2oz head with different soft plastics targeting zander.

The thing is that I think this rod is a bit short for that purpose, otherwise I really love the rods sensitivity and feels but its to short.

so I have taken a look around and I found some rods that may replace this

shimano Zodias 20 1610M 1/4-3/4
Megabass Levante F4-72LV 1/4-1oz
st croix LTB Swim jig finesse 7'1 5/16-3/4

I like a solid tip like the 166M rod had so thats fine, but is the feeling alot better in the megabass rod or the st croix in comparison to the zodias?

hope u guys can help me out.

and I hope my english is good enough for u to understand :)

Oldfart9999

If you like the ZODIAS I would go with a longer one, I don't believe in change what works for you so I would just change the length. Hope this helps.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

FishinBuck07

I am with Rodney on this one! If you like the rod that you have now I would just go with something in that brand and model that is longer, and maybe a heavier power.  Then you wouldn't have to learn to love a new brand.  Just my personal opinion!  Oh and your English is fine, welcome to the site!!

Pferox

Welcome to the site, and I too agree go with the longer, heavier Zodias, you won't regret it.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Mattiaz

you say longer and heavier, do u mean the 172H ?

I am wondering about the tip on the 1610M and the 172H, does anyone know if they are as stiff as on the 166M?
or maybe a little bit softer?
read somewhere that someone thinks the 172H feels rather like an moderate fast than a fast rod, is that too correct? maybe thats what I am actually looking for

just a click away from ordering now.
Thanks for all the help guys.

caddyjoe77

the levante is a really sweet rod.  But, cant compare to the ZODIAS. 
BeerMe