Norman/Tillery/Badin

Started by Wolcy, November 11, 2020, 04:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolcy

Heading to Charlotte/Mint Hill for Thanksgiving and bringing my bass boat.  Going to fish Norman, which I have a bit of an idea how to fish this time of year for spots.  Spent a day on Norman back in 2014 or so with Andy Montgomery so I feel pretty good about Norman. 

However, have never fished Tillery/Badin before and wanted to know if I should give them a try this time of year or not?  If yes, any recommendations on techniques, lures/colors, general areas to fish?

Thanks,
Michael

Rangerman

Fishing is still tuff on all due to the warmer water.  Buzzer and Flukes am and Sq Bills and swim baits pm.  Good Luck

Wolcy

Thanks Rangerman.  I'm sure this rain from Eta will screw things up a bit as well. 

Wolcy

Well.... Fished Norman Tuesday and Tillery Wednesday.

Norman was pretty clear.  Caught 6 spots, nothing big.  A-rig, fluke, jerk bait.  Little color to the water here and there but pretty normal based on what I've seen this time of year.  Fished the lake a few times during Thanksgiving over the last few years.

Tillery was awful.  Looked like milked coffee/mud.  Should have gone home and not even bothered to put the boat in the water.  Decided I would at least ride around and see the lake as this was my first time on Tillery.  Lots of trash in the water with some big logs.  Felt like I was dodging gators:).  Had a tiny fish (think I snagged it:) on a square bill.  Nothing else after 4 hours.  Spoke to a couple guys at the ramp and only one guy caught a couple.  Others wanted to turn around and leave but decided to give it a try. 

Rangerman

You had to gave fished the South End and Davidison and Ramesy.  ::) Rest of the lake is corn red for Up river to about marker 6 or so ~shade  Going back out tomorrow out of Davidson (Reeds) to check that end. Last trip in Mud Sq. Bull works, but all small, better fish on Chatter Bait. 

All you boy's come to LKN for the Annual UB Polar Bear.  Fun and 100% pay back.  No tipping the pot. lo

Rangerman

Fished the South End water clear, used private ramp.  Water color was good, we missed the fish. They moved out deeper of the end of docks.  Dew to the Suck of the water. Texas Rig and Shakey Head deeper.

Wolcy

Heading back up for what is turning out to be a regular trip for Thanksgiving.  Think I'm going to stay on Norman unless you guys tell me differently.  Will get up there Friday night and be there through the following Saturday.  Any insights for me to think about?

Michael

Rangerman

catching the same o same o, A Rigs picking up for numbers and lots of small ones, no money fish.  Spinnerbait also working. Water still a bit warm for the real good bite to start.

Wolcy

Went out Sunday and stayed on the south end.  Jerkbait, shaky head, and underspin, caught about 11 or so but nothing big.  All spots on end of docks and mostly on main lake points.  Thinking about going out Friday to the northwest end.  First time heading up that way.  Any recommendations on boat launches up that way?

Thanks,

Michael