Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing. ADD SPACE
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

ADD SPACE

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Just Ordered A New Sierra 733C.  (Read 581 times)

chrisD46

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
I Just Ordered A New Sierra 733C.
« on: November 26, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »

My current Dobyns Sierra Rod Stable :

SA703SF.
SA734C.
SA735C.

Today I ordered a new SA 733C. to complete my Sierra "trilogy" of Dobyns Sierra casting rods . I believe Gary himself indicated that having the SA7 33C. & SA 734C. would cover about 90% of your bass fishing needs (the SA 703SF is my light jig / shaky head spinning rod while the SA 735C. is my frog'n / heavier jig / flip'n  soft plastics rod) . *For those who have the SA 733C. please list your favorite set up / applications for using this rod ? I plan on soft plastic flukes , smaller swim baits , senkos , top water (braid) , chatterbait (braid) and maybe even squarebill cranks , jerkbaits and other treble hook lures up to 3/8th oz. I have reels set up already with mono / co-poly , FC and braid main lines , so by swapping reels in and out should add a lot of value & versatility to the new SA 733C.     ... Thanks in advance for your comments & experiences with the SA 733C.

P.S. I may need Gary to talk to my wife stating : "Your husband is a good man - how about walk'n back those divorce papers little lady ?... Would you rather your husband spend money on a new rod (SA 733C.)  he has been dreaming about for 12 months OR approve of  him sitting in a bar somewhere throwing  money away with nothing healthy to show for it" ? (lol !)

strongx

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: I Just Ordered A New Sierra 733C.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 06:23:38 PM »

My current Dobyns Sierra Rod Stable :

SA703SF.
SA734C.
SA735C.

Today I ordered a new SA 733C. to complete my Sierra "trilogy" of Dobyns Sierra casting rods . I believe Gary himself indicated that having the SA7 33C. & SA 734C. would cover about 90% of your bass fishing needs (the SA 703SF is my light jig / shaky head spinning rod while the SA 735C. is my frog'n / heavier jig / flip'n  soft plastics rod) . *For those who have the SA 733C. please list your favorite set up / applications for using this rod ? I plan on soft plastic flukes , smaller swim baits , senkos , top water (braid) , chatterbait (braid) and maybe even squarebill cranks , jerkbaits and other treble hook lures up to 3/8th oz. I have reels set up already with mono / co-poly , FC and braid main lines , so by swapping reels in and out should add a lot of value & versatility to the new SA 733C.     ... Thanks in advance for your comments & experiences with the SA 733C.

P.S. I may need Gary to talk to my wife stating : "Your husband is a good man - how about walk'n back those divorce papers little lady ?... Would you rather your husband spend money on a new rod (SA 733C.)  he has been dreaming about for 12 months OR approve of  him sitting in a bar somewhere throwing  money away with nothing healthy to show for it" ? (lol !)
Following. What’s your favorite use for the sa734? Ive been eyeing that one.

chrisD46

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 01:34:57 AM »

I like the SA 734C. for bottom contact baits with #15 lb. FC line ; I then switch reels using #12 lb. P-Line CXX for 3/8th oz. ~ 1/2 oz. spinner baits and chatterbaits . There are those who say you need to move up to at least a  Champion series for bottom contact baits - however I am a line watcher and keep an index finger in contact with the FC line at all times, so I do not feel that I am at a disadvantage with the Sierra 734C. *I move reels with FC , Braid and Mono in and out of the line up with the Sierra series rods so I believe I would be hard pressed to be at a disadvantage for any bass application / technique using Sierra series rods !

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »

I have a couple 733 across the series and all of them end up being my treble hook rods. Gary labels them for flukes as well. Personally I like them for jerbaits, ripbaits, squarebill cranks, shallow water crankbaits, them poppers or prop baits like torpedos or devils horse type stuff (not ploppers).

The three powers are very versatile when you start playing with them.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

chrisD46

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »

I have a couple 733 across the series and all of them end up being my treble hook rods. Gary labels them for flukes as well. Personally I like them for jerbaits, ripbaits, squarebill cranks, shallow water crankbaits, them poppers or prop baits like torpedos or devils horse type stuff (not ploppers).

The three powers are very versatile when you start playing with them.
*Thanks Mike ! ... Easy to remember using a 733 for treble hook lures within the lure rating along with other applications Gary mentions . I figure buying one on sale is a good investment which will for sure certainly receive a good work out .

Gary Dobyns

• Sponsors
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »

Let me know where to send the letter  ;D

The 733C is used for a lot of techniques. I don't like it for Chatterbaits but lots of guys do. Lots of guys use it for topwater and treble hook baits. It's a great Senko or Fluke rod. I'd never fished a jig on it until I was fishing with a buddy last year and I was busting his balls about it being the wrong rod for a jig. He's an attorney and I'm not going to win a battle of words with him. So I jig fished with it. It was an exceptionally good summer bite on Lake Berryessa. I never missed or lost any fish on it. I still think it's too light for a jig but many guys throw jigs up to 3/8oz on it. It's just an all around rod if a guy wants a little less power than a 734C. Again with a 733 and a 734 you can cover so many techniques it's insane. You throw in a 735C and you can fish well over 90-95% of bass techniques.  THX!!!

chrisD46

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 04:53:11 AM »

Let me know where to send the letter  ;D

The 733C is used for a lot of techniques. I don't like it for Chatterbaits but lots of guys do. Lots of guys use it for topwater and treble hook baits. It's a great Senko or Fluke rod. I'd never fished a jig on it until I was fishing with a buddy last year and I was busting his balls about it being the wrong rod for a jig. He's an attorney and I'm not going to win a battle of words with him. So I jig fished with it. It was an exceptionally good summer bite on Lake Berryessa. I never missed or lost any fish on it. I still think it's too light for a jig but many guys throw jigs up to 3/8oz on it. It's just an all around rod if a guy wants a little less power than a 734C. Again with a 733 and a 734 you can cover so many techniques it's insane. You throw in a 735C and you can fish well over 90-95% of bass techniques.  THX!!!
*Thanks Gary - you're the man ! ... The SA 733C. arrives today to complete : "The Sierra Trilogy" with the SA 734C. and SA 735C. I already own ... P.S. A topic for another post - your : "Dobyns Extreme Spotted Bass Special Football Jigs" (in Magic Craw color) are killing it for me on Georgia spotted bass lakes ... If my Ultimate Bass'n Brothers here have not tried Dobyns football jigs yet - you are definitely missing out !!

BassmanRudy

• Charter Member
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 09:09:27 AM »

I have a Champion 703C and 733C.

The 733C has become my "go-to" texas rig rod for 1/4oz up to 3/8oz weights. I do use 40lb braid on it. I do feel like the 3 power is closer to "Medium" not Med Heavy but don't have a 734 to compare it too. I managed in a tourney last month to hook and get out several fish under docks that had extreme amounts of brush with the 733 but if they had been 4lb+ fish I may have been undergunned some.

The 703C has been quite versatile throwing anything from buzzbaits to weighted hook swimbaits. I should try skipping swimjigs under docks with it. Using 15lb fluorocarbon on it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

chrisD46

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 02:03:43 AM »

*OP Here : My new Sierra arrived in a over sized , heavy duty card board tube in perfect shape ... The best thing is my wife was away when the delivery came (lol !) Moving on , the SA 733C is beautiful and the quality matches my SA 734C and SA 735C perfectly . I plan to use the SA 733C for the applications Gary recommends but also for treble hook lures ... Swap out reels with braid , mono or FC main line and I doubt there isn't much I can't do with my Sierra rod set ups . Lastly , I have a Sierra 703 spinning rod which is great for shaky heads and 3.3" Keitech swim baits on a 1/8th oz. ~ 3/16th oz. jig heads . Next time I see a Sierra sale I have my eye on Sierra 702 spinning rod for the Ned Rig , Charlie Brewer Slider Heads , split shot rigs , possibly drop shot and other finesse applications where the SA 703 is too much rod .

**Dobyns rods are the:  "Lay's Potato Chips" of rods (it's tough to buy only one) !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

ADD SPACE

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 25 queries.