Lockett Lures Swim Minnows

Started by Capt. BassinLou, November 28, 2020, 05:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

These 5" Lockett Lures Swim Minnows were an awesome search bait for me yesterday.  :-*  With a 40% SALE going on now, these baits will be great stocking stuffers.  :-*

Oldfart9999

Nice looking bait and fish Lou!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Braden

Those look great, do you have any color suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Braden on November 28, 2020, 12:08:12 PM
Those look great, do you have any color suggestions?

The Watermelon Ghost is the bomb!!

Braden

Guess I should give you a little more info. I mostly fish ponds in central Mississippi in stained to dirty water, where bluegill is the main forage. 

Braden

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 28, 2020, 12:14:05 PM
The Watermelon Ghost is the bomb!!
I will check that out, thanks!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Braden on November 28, 2020, 12:15:52 PM
Guess I should give you a little more info. I mostly fish ponds in central Mississippi in stained to dirty water, where bluegill is the main forage. 

Go check out Lockett Lures site. They have a color chart for their swim minnows. I mentioned  Watermelon Ghost because its  great color for my waters.

BassmanRudy

Here is their color chart. I'd say green pumpkin would work great in that water. Can always dip the tail in chartreuse to get some contrast.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Braden

Thanks! I ordered green pumpkin in the 3.5 (and did plan on dipping the tail in chartreuse) and watermelon ghost in the 5".

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Braden on November 28, 2020, 07:13:56 PM
Thanks! I ordered green pumpkin in the 3.5 (and did plan on dipping the tail in chartreuse) and watermelon ghost in the 5".

, come back and let us know how the Swim Minnows work out for you.

bigjim5589

I bought some of the Lockett swimbaits & 6" grubs with one of their previous sales! I've tried the swimbaits, but haven't caught anything on them yet. I have no doubt that I will!

They do look great in the water & I also got that watermelon ghost color! It looks a lot like Baby Bass to me, and that's always been a good color for me! I also like the Gray Ghost color!  :)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Lipripper

Quote from: Braden on November 28, 2020, 07:13:56 PM

Braden when you get a chance would you clean out your PM box. I tried to send you a PM and it said your Inbox was full.  :'( Sorry for the interruption and for being  ~off~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Braden

Quote from: Lipripper on December 09, 2020, 08:51:41 PM
Braden when you get a chance would you clean out your PM box. I tried to send you a PM and it said your Inbox was full.  :'( Sorry for the interruption and for being  ~off~
Sorry, I just saw this. Sure will!