Bearing Retainer Clips

Started by ike8120, December 12, 2020, 07:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ike8120

The particular brand of reel I have uses these retainer clips for the bearings. Is there a common size among reel manufactures. Also how does one measure the clips and where can you purchase them. Would like to have a few spares when cleaning the bearings, just in case one should enter the black hole.
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

LgMouthGambler

Those clips are the same for all reels. Its just a general clip. What kind of reel? Shimano?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Princeton_Man

I ordered a dozen to keep on hand ever since the first one sprung into the great abyss while reassembling a reel. Haven't lost one since.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

LgMouthGambler

BNT0032   is the Shimano part number that I order them. Have about 20 on hand. lol
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

ike8120

Quote from: Princeton_Man on December 12, 2020, 07:43:49 AM
I ordered a dozen to keep on hand ever since the first one sprung into the great abyss while reassembling a reel. Haven't lost one since.
Kastking
Gary (ike8120)

ike8120

Quote from: Princeton_Man on December 12, 2020, 07:43:49 AM

That is exactly why I want some extras.
Gary (ike8120)

Oldfart9999

Like LMG and PM said they are pretty much universal, order up 20 or so, they're cheap. When you take one out put a finger over the spring to slow it down.
Rodney

Sent from my DL1016 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bassinkorea

A great thread. I think I will do the same and order a bunch of these just in case.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

hydrillagorillahunter

Quote from: ike8120 on December 12, 2020, 07:13:24 AM
The particular brand of reel I have uses these retainer clips for the bearings. Is there a common size among reel manufactures. Also how does one measure the clips and where can you purchase them. Would like to have a few spares when cleaning the bearings, just in case one should enter the black hole.

i put a video on youtube back in sept as i lost my clip somehow in my carpet...yeah it can happen.  lol...even the wife helped me look for it and couldn't find.  i didn't want to wait on retainer clips so i used staples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H6TTRFTL6o

ike8120

Quote from: hydrillagorillahunter on December 13, 2020, 04:29:36 PM
i put a video on youtube back in sept as i lost my clip somehow in my carpet...yeah it can happen.  lol...even the wife helped me look for it and couldn't find.  i didn't want to wait on retainer clips so i used staples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H6TTRFTL6o

Thank you
Gary (ike8120)

Oldfart9999

Don't depend on a bent staple, it could loosen up and cause damage. Order up some spring clips to use, they are made is spring steel and are held under tension in a groove, the tension is to keep the clip locked into the groove so it doesn't come loose.
Rodney

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 14, 2020, 04:41:24 AM
Don't depend on a bent staple, it could loosen up and cause damage. Order up some spring clips to use, they are made is spring steel and are held under tension in a groove, the tension is to keep the clip locked into the groove so it doesn't come loose.
Rodney

This. For as cheap as they are, dont depend on a staple for a permanent fix.

ike8120

Bought the ones from Shimano  99 cents each plus free shipping
Gary (ike8120)