Reel Parts?

Started by Bassinkorea, December 02, 2020, 07:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

Whilst stripping down a 12 year old Revo S for servicing last night, I found that I need a few replacement parts. Where do you folks get your reel parts from?
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Donald Garner

Most of the reels are made over there to start with isn't there a place to buy parts there?  ;)

Try this place.

Abu Garcia Reel Replacement Parts
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Don's link is about the best. If they don't have it, you can contact ABU directly via their contact info on their website.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Abu parts are pretty much just from Abu themselves. Their customer service sucks, to me anyways.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bassinkorea

Thanks for the replies fellas  ;D

I managed to find what I was looking for at Mike's Reel Repair site.

Quote from: Donald Garner on December 02, 2020, 09:33:00 PM
Most of the reels are made over there to start with isn't there a place to buy parts there?  ;)

That is true. But I asked around and was told that there are parts available for Daiwa and Shimano, but nothing for Abu anymore  :'(

Mike Cork

I don't like Mikes because of the high shipping fees, but I guess you are used to that.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 07, 2020, 10:35:07 AM
I don't like Mikes because of the high shipping fees, but I guess you are used to that.

lo  lo  Yep, I don't even think about the shipping fees any more, just pay them  :surrender: