Straight braid for all techniques??

Started by di_ver_gent, September 28, 2020, 02:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pferox

Quote from: WTodd on October 28, 2020, 04:22:55 PM
IMO those weights for the spinning set-ups are too light; the spider webs we encounter are a minimum of 20 lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have that same problem here in Texas, 20lb braid is for ultralight stuff.

I bought a big spool of 8lb Pline tough stuff (whatever they call it) for bait rods, don't know how many times those bait fish broke that stuff off.   ~xyz
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

chrisD46

Quote from: WTodd on October 28, 2020, 04:22:55 PM
IMO those weights for the spinning set-ups are too light; the spider webs we encounter are a minimum of 20 lb

*I'm experimenting with #8 lb. Power Pro - most people would not go down that low . Conversely , some Midwest Finesse purists I know who consider any Ned Jig head heavier than 1/16th oz. as "Power Nedding" routinely use #5 lb. and #8 lb. Power Pro with #5 lb. and #6 lb. FC leaders up on Ozark lake like Table Rock and Bull Shoals . My fall back braid size for Ned Rigging would be #10 lb. PP if the #8 results in too many break offs . #15 lb. braid is my Shaky Head main line braid size.

WTodd

Fishing where you fish is quite different than here in FL so I can understand being more finesse; here because of everything in the water it's a power game.

caddyjoe77

pretty much braid on everything...except a reel I skip with.  For me. skipping braid way up under a dock doesnt work well. 

BeerMe

chrisD46

Quote from: di_ver_gent on September 28, 2020, 09:51:38 PM
What line size are you all using??
    1) dobyns FR735c with tatula150 7.3:1 has suffix 832 50lb, for flippin,froggin sometimes jig swimbait.

2)dobyns FR705cb w/Revo3 winch 5.4:1 currently has 12lb Trilene sensation. This setup will be used for all my treble hook lures until I get another rod. Crankbait, jerkbait, poppers,spybait, walkinbait etc

3)dobyns SR734c w/Zillion sv tw 7.3:1 currently has 12lb seaguar invizx.

4)phenix feather 6'9" mh xf w/slx dc 7.2:1 currently has 14lb trilene xl. Will be used with mainly smaller single hook applications. Plastics,jigs,chatter,spinner

What size braid would you recommended for each setup?

I also have two spinning reel setups that I use for dropshot, wacky, ned, shacky. That I have some really cheap 6lb mono spooled on..
*For #2 above try #30 ~ #40 lb. Power Pro with a 14" length leader of #15 lb. Berkley Big Game Mono (if you still have - the Triline #14 lb. XL would also work) .
For #4 above use the same #30 lb. ~ #40 lb. with #15 lb. InvizX FC leader length of 14" ~ 18" .

Blacknredflake

Glad to know Im not the only all braid user 8n the world lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!