Favorite Spinning Reel Under $100 ?

Started by chrisD46, January 08, 2021, 03:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

What is your favorite spinning reel (i.e. 2500 ~ 3000 series) under $100 for bass using braid mainline + FC leader ? Especially interested in one with a smooth drag ... Thanks in advance !

loomisguy

Anything in your price range with Daiwa or Shimano written on it.  The Nasci is really good.

Bassinkorea

Quote from: loomisguy on January 08, 2021, 04:40:43 AM
Anything in your price range with Daiwa or Shimano written on it.  The Nasci is really good.

I agree fully. I have an older Nasci and it is great for the price range
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Pat Dilling

I have 5 Daiwa Fuego LT spinning reels and am very happy with them.  Very smooth and good balance.  I have 2500s and 3000s and use them with braid-FC.  Price is $99 but I have found them on sale for $79.

Pat
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: loomisguy on January 08, 2021, 04:40:43 AM

I would agree with this as well, but I'm also throwing Pflueger into the mix. I have owned Shimanos and Daiwas, but I honestly like the Pfluegers better. The Summit reels can often be found for $99 or less. I still have an older Daiwa Regal 2500 spinning reel but the Pfluger President I bought at the same time is a better reel IMO and I paid about 1/2 as much for it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Pferox

Well, I haven't bought a new reel in a long time.

The 2000 series reels I have are probably 10 years old and still work like new.

Because of this I suggest the Penn Fierce III, although I have the original Fierce. 

They're full meatal construction, and have carbon fiber drags that are smooth, and tough.

I've hooked into a lot larger fish than I thought possible with them, and they outperformed some larger reels I have.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Dink Dawg

The Fuego 3000 LT is a solid reel with a smooth Drag.  The body is the same size as the 2500 size.  Only the spool has been enlarged.  I run mine with #12 braid to a leader.  I've had zero issues with line twist. I found mine for $77.00.

FishinBuck07

Fuego LT and a 13 Creed Gt, are the two I have that I like the most.

Mike Cork

I don't use a spinning reel much but my favorite is the Shimano Spirex, it's about 60 dollars.

I like it because of the quick fire trigger, I can grab the line with my finger and open the bail at the same time. A lot of anglers don't like this reel because the anti reverse stops at the same spot every time.

It has a great drag and is very smooth, also comes with a double handle which I like. This reel also has the drag on the but of the reel, another feature I like.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 10, 2021, 12:47:10 PM
I don't use a spinning reel much but my favorite is the Shimano Spirex, it's about 60 dollars.

I like it because of the quick fire trigger, I can grab the line with my finger and open the bail at the same time. A lot of anglers don't like this reel because the anti reverse stops at the same spot every time.

It has a great drag and is very smooth, also comes with a double handle which I like. This reel also has the drag on the but of the reel, another feature I like.
I had Spirex reels years ago and liked them a lot. When I moved up to Stradics I put the double paddle handles on all of them. That is something I wish Shimano would bring back. Make it an option for all of their spinning reels. 

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

I buy BPS PRO QUALIFIERS on sale, rugged reels for 50 or 60 bucks each.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

zippyduck

Shimano Sahara and Nasci are tops in my book. I use both on steelhead rods and they need to be butter smooth.
Yes they are on my bass rods also. But only because of how well they handle the big trout.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

HellaBass

jwkelley51

Cabelas has a Pfluger XT LE right now for $50. I don't know why it's  a limited edition but you can pick your gear ratio. I have 6 or 7 Pflugers at all their price points and never had any problems with them. I also have other makes, including a nasci...I predict they will put exactly zero more fish in the boat.

Pro Reel

If you're looking for an affordable spinning reel, that's also built to last, check out the Shimano Nasci. I've got 3 of them now and just love them. I've had lots of spinning reels through they years, some cheap and some expensive. At $99.99, I would put MY Nasci reels up against any reel at 2 to 3 times that price. I probably used these more than my casting rods in the last 2 years, tossing ned rigs, shakey heads, drop shot. etc. I haven't even serviced them yet and they're smooth as silk.

toddallen

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Pro Reel on January 22, 2021, 10:58:12 PM
If you're looking for an affordable spinning reel, that's also built to last, check out the Shimano Nasci. I've got 3 of them now and just love them. I've had lots of spinning reels through they years, some cheap and some expensive. At $99.99, I would put MY Nasci reels up against any reel at 2 to 3 times that price. I probably used these more than my casting rods in the last 2 years, tossing ned rigs, shakey heads, drop shot. etc. I haven't even serviced them yet and they're smooth as silk.

A couple years ago the Mrs. was looking for a spinning reel and Pro Reel suggest the NASCI 2500.  This reel has been a tip top performer for the wife and and is as smooth as silk.  It has handled some very nice fish with ease and is currently paired with her Dobyns Fury 663.  She now is considering up grading her ABU/Lew's combos to the NASCI and has been considering a 2500 and a 3000 if she goes for a longer rod than the 663.

1ReelFanatik

Seldom use a spinning reel.  My BG1500 cost me less than $100.  Guess that would be my favorite for less than $100.

FlatsNBay

I think you'd be happy with any of the reels suggested. I have a Daiwa Fuego LT and also Phlueger Supreme and like them both. They have held up for both freshwater and saltwater fishing.The Fuego would be my favorite of the two. It's still feels like it's brand new.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

ohiobass

chrisD46

Thanks for the replies ! ... Some new ones to consider for sure .