Garmin 93 SV UHD

Started by Pro Reel, January 12, 2021, 10:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pro Reel

Last month, during the holiday sales, I bought 2 of the new 93 sv UHD units. I then took advantage of the rebate offer and got the panoptix. I initially hoped to keep my older 93 sv chirp units and link them together for 2 up front and 2 at console. Unfortunately they're not compatible to be linked on a network and share information. I would have liked to just buy 4 of the new units but after al that I was pretty tapped on funds. However, one of the great things about these garmin units is the quick release brackets. You can pop it in and out inn just seconds. My solution was to order 2 extra power supply cords and 2 extra bail mounts. With 4 mounts, i can simply move the units from front to back for whatever setup I want at the time. The cost through the gps store for the brakets and cords was $165. Now I can sell my older units and recoup a little and still have a good setup.

fishin couillon

How do you plan on networking 2 UHD units and Livescope??  There is only 1 e-net port for each UHD and LS needs to plug into one of them.  You will need to get the GMS 10 hub to network all 3.

Pro Reel

I'm going to need a network hub eventually, just to hook multiple things up or if I get more units. Until then, the plan is that the two cradles at the console will have a short network cable so that they are sharing the rear transducer and sharing new waypoints when both are at the console. The two cradles up front can have a cord there to hook them together, but it can't be hooked up at the same time the panoptix is hooked to one. I can also run a long cord from the console to the front in case I want to leave one unit in the console cradle and one up front that's hooked to trolling motor transducer. I don't imagine that I will always have the panoptix running, so it just depends on what I want to use at that time. Once I've got some more discretionary funds built up, and if they run another great sale, I hope to get at least one more new unit. At that time I will need an expender hub. I also hope to upgrade from my ultrex to a garmin force eventually. I think I could sell my ultrex for about a third of the cost of a new force. So, yes, a hub is on the list of needed things.

fishin couillon

Ok....didnt know if you were aware of the networking situation with those units.....i've plenty of people order the same setup and then ask how do you network them and not know that need the hub.

Sounds like you have a plan in place.

Pro Reel

I do for now, however, since you know about these, if or when I eventually get a hub would the panoptix screen be viewable on any other unit that's hooked up at the same time its on the front one.. Basically can two units display it at same time?

fishin couillon

Yes, using a hub will have/show LS on both units.