Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Spinning reel opinion

(Read 355 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

jchez444

• Smallmouth
Just sold my older ci4ís that had some years on them and only negative was the shallow spool. Gonna use for bass fishing 1/8-1/2oz weight and price range $150-$300 what should I be looking at.

So far I have handled the revo s, Daiwa tatula, shimano vanford. Tatula felt cheap and hand decent wobble, revo x felt solid and vanford felt the best. I still need to locate and handle Daiwa ballistic, lews custom speed spool spin, Daiwa fuego(a lot of good reviews) and Stradic do.

I am looking for 3 reels to use for shaky heads, drop shots, wacky rig, Ned rigs. Any opinions or recommendations to try

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
I use BPS PRO QUALIFIERS, on sale you can find them around 50-60 dollars, they're rock solid. Shimano Nasci, Pflueger Presidents and higher levels are also good reels.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

toddallen

• Smallmouth
  • "Hey, this fish looks like Moe."

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
I have  4 pfluegers and have yet to have any issues ,2 of the presidents are @ 5 years old. I just spooled up a new XT supreme that is smooth as butter but I haven't used it yet.

Pfluegers are my spinning reel of choice. I no longer have my Patriarchs, but have both of these models. You will not be disappointed with the Supreme XT.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bigjim5589

• Forum Staff
You may also want to consider looking at some of the inshore saltwater reels, such as the Daiwa BG series. They get very good comments and are priced reasonably and may hold up better than freshwater reels.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker! It's Not Just A Hobby, It's An OBSESSION!!

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
I suggest looking into Penn reels, they are worth the price.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB