The SC knot?

Started by Capt. BassinLou, January 31, 2021, 06:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

I have had great success with the FG knot over the last 6 months, and this newer knot has come across my radar. Has anyone ever heard of the SC knot, if so, do you tie it, and what has been your experience?

Bud Kennedy

Never heard of it.  If the SC knot has a reference to South Carolina then you can bet Duct Tape is involved.

~goof

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on January 31, 2021, 07:21:05 AM
Never heard of it.  If the SC knot has a reference to South Carolina then you can bet Duct Tape is involved.

~goof

~b~ ~b~

twocold

Just watched a video on the knot! Looks easier than the FG which I have been struggling with. Gonna have to give it a try!

Smallie_Stalker

Never heard of it. I'll find a video online and check it out. Thanks Lou.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: twocold on January 31, 2021, 09:20:42 AM
Just watched a video on the knot! Looks easier than the FG which I have been struggling with. Gonna have to give it a try!

It does look easier to tie than FG. I personally have not tried it yet, I was mainly curious if anyone ties it. I'm comfortable tying the FG now, it took me a little bit, but after tons of practice, I finally got it. The sweet spot for me is 24 tight twists and 4 half hitches to cinch it down. You master that, and that knot will not fail you.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on January 31, 2021, 07:21:05 AM

~goof

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao What's wrong with duct tape?? lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

FlatsNBay

Never heard of it. It looks pretty easy to tie after watching the videos. It also looks pretty strong as well. I like the Crazy Alberto knot. Like the FG, it's super small and very strong.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk