MotherNature

I am such a stupid woman!!!  ~rant

My car is so stuck!

I need to get her unstuck!

Before it gets worse... provided it can get worse  :(

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Fun4me

Pics or it didn't happen :)

Mike doesn't have a truck and tow strap?

MotherNature

ok... ok....

Ummm and she is still there... I'm not sure what to do.

Oldfart9999

You don't have AAA? You're not stupid, you made a mistake, don't call yourself stupid, call your self human and capable of making mistakes. Hope you get your tow.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Nutt

Why didnt you call me?  Yall know Im right up the street and can come snatch you out.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Mike Cork

Hell I can snatch her out... Problem is doing it without damaging the car. The towing company she got to come out won't touch it.

I think if I had a chain to go with my tow strap I can dig my way to the rear differential and get the chain around it. If I lower my truck (air suspension ) and sit back far enough, I might be able to pull her out without damaging the rear bumper.

It ain't going forward PERIOD, the ground is too soft and the front bump in in the mud, the frame between the front and rear tires is sitting on the ground. Once the 5 inches, literally, of rain we are getting right now drains off a little I'm gonna try and get a chain under it without torquing the rear independent suspension  ~bb

@Oldfart, we have USAA and might be able to get road side to work this but it appears the tow vehicle operators are afraid of damaging the vehicle so they won't work it. If I tear it up, USAA will cover it LOL

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

All I can picture is one of those giant monsters with a crane and winch that they use to lift and move large boats/ships.  lo

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

MotherNature

Quote from: Nutt on March 01, 2021, 08:05:53 AM
Why didnt you call me?  Yall know Im right up the street and can come snatch you out.

Well there is still time... it's still in there so when the rain stops...  ~rain :'( ~xyz :( ??? :-\ :'( :'(

I don't think we can just snatch her out though... She is really in there bad. The wet ground has just let her sink in good...

MotherNature

She is totally not going anywhere....

Fun4me

This might be the dumbest question I've ever asked , one of the best, or somewhere in between, but could you wrap a tow strap around each rear rim (down as low as possible) and drag it out backwards with the car in gear, far enough to get a better connection point for the straps?

coldfront

don't know that this works... but it was common in the northern climes to carry some kitty litter around for when you got stuck in snow/ice.

would feeding kitty litter into the depressions help clump/gain traction to get out?

might be the dumbest idea you hear today... but figured I'd offer

apenland01

Based on that picture, the entire weight of the car is on the ground and nothing on the wheels.  The rear needs to be dug out around the rear of the car and the front bumper about a foot deep.  If the ground is soft from rain it shouldn't be hard.  The front bumper needs to be dug out, so it doesn't drag off when you bring the car back.  Once the front wheels come up on the middle dirt section, the bumper will clear.  However, it won't clear if it's not dug out.

Nice work by the way.  Most people don't test the 4x4 capability of their Dodge Challengers.....

MotherNature

Quote from: Fun4me on March 01, 2021, 04:28:51 PM
This might be the dumbest question I've ever asked , one of the best, or somewhere in between, but could you wrap a tow strap around each rear rim (down as low as possible) and drag it out backwards with the car in gear, far enough to get a better connection point for the straps?

So the tire guy said the only way he would be able to get her out would be to use the wheels so you might be on to something.

I just don't want to hurt her. Not sure how we are going to get all the mud out of her under carriage after this. She sits so low you can't hardly get a house under her.

MotherNature

Quote from: apenland01 on March 01, 2021, 04:51:58 PM
Nice work by the way.  Most people don't test the 4x4 capability of their Dodge Challengers.....

Well... Let me just say that her capabilities are not anything to be written home about.

apenland01

Quote from: MotherNature on March 01, 2021, 09:20:20 PM
Quote from: apenland01 on March 01, 2021, 04:51:58 PM

Well... Let me just say that her capabilities are not anything to be written home about.

I hear you loud and clear....

Princeton_Man

How close is Harbor Freight or a decent auto or farm supply store?
I'd use two pickups, thread an axle strap thru each rear wheel and attach each to a snatch strap, and pull gently in unison.
What prompted you to park in a swamp?  ~shade
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Nutt

With it sitting on bottom, Im afraid shes gonna have to be dug out quite a bit now.  Louisiana mud/clay has most likely formed a suction now.  Been there, done that. 

Mike Cork

Yeah you can hear the suction pop with every shovel load. I have something to do this morning then I'll get after some digging. I have one strap but I'm gonna grab another and possibly a chain in town.

Laurie is going to have to take the truck to town this afternoon if I don't get it out. Nutt is you're not busy after work shoot me a message, I might need your truck to do the pulling but I should have the digging done by then...

Cork's Reel Service

Nutt

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 02, 2021, 08:44:56 AM
Yeah you can hear the suction pop with every shovel load. I have something to do this morning then I'll get after some digging. I have one strap but I'm gonna grab another and possibly a chain in town.

Laurie is going to have to take the truck to town this afternoon if I don't get it out. Nutt is you're not busy after work shoot me a message, I might need your truck to do the pulling but I should have the digging done by then...
I will be there.  I have straps, so dont buy any unless you just want to have some around for the next time Laurie goes off road ridin.  I will call when I leave work today.

DonM

I wouldn't be much help physically, but I will bring the beer and camera!  :)
DonM

Princeton_Man

Quote from: DonM on March 03, 2021, 12:10:45 AM
I wouldn't be much help physically, but I will bring the beer and camera!  :)

~roflmao

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Love the spirit everyone brings to the game LOL and the thought processes...

Well it took a little over 5 hours of digging but I got it out. Had to dig from the rear bumper to the rear differential. The vehicle has four wheel independent suspension so I wasn't comfortable hooking up anywhere else. This was a 4 foot long hole that was 2 feet deep so I could get my middle aged fat ass underneath it far enough. At which point Mother offered to help and she climbed under it and hooked up the strap.

Before we got to this point I had to get the gallons of water out from around the tire. They predicted 5 inches of rain and thankfully they were wrong we only got 4. Enough to close all the lakes for flooding...The back tires, it was the hand scoop method but on the front tires I just dug a hole forward of the tire deeper than the tire and the water ran towards the hole. This allowed me to get wood behind the tires without it floating  ~rant

So now I have a 30 ft strap on the rear diff, and a 30 ft strap connected to it, and then a 20 foot chain connecting the trucker straps to my truck. This is in an effort to keep the angle of the straps low and not hurt the rear faring.

In order for me to get the truck close enough I'm already digging very deep ruts in the yard. We get hooked up, and we call each other on the vehicle phones so we can communicate. I have her put the car in reverse, I'm hooked to my tow hooks on the front of my truck so I'm pulling backwards. Everything tightens up and I start giving it hell...

I see her car pop up a little so I lay into it and I've got grass, water, and mud flying off of four tires in every direction. The truck is sliding right then back left then back right... The old Rebel sounded awesome though :toot: Wish I had set up the cameras... The car popped out of its initial holes. Problem is the car slid sideways, more than I expected, and landed right in the middle of one of the piles I made when digging the hole. Sooo we had to stop momentum and move the 3 foot pile of mud into a new pile  ^-^ ^-^

At this point I also took a minute and got the truck lined back up because I was sliding towards a ditch I really didn't want to mess with. We also used rakes to fill in the ruts I created to prevent Mother's car from high centering on one and having to start over. So everything is lined back up and much straighter this time. Things went much smoother from this point on out. I had to re line one more time but we got her out. A couple trips up and down the street and she slung the mud off the tires and burnt it off the exhaust... a few more trips through the car wash and maybe the under carriage will be clean. Something I hadn't realized but it seems that all the old fashioned spray nozzle car washes have closed in our area. I was just going to get the high pressure car washer after it like the four wheel drive guys do...

I had to leave right after getting her out and then soccer practice... Didn't get home until late, everything but the front yard seems to be okay. Mother will post pictures soon...

Cork's Reel Service

apenland01

FishinBuck07

If you have a touchless drive thru car wash around you that should help with getting the mud out of the underneath.  I know ours here in Ohio have a sprayer that sprays the undercarriage as soon as you drive in.  Helps with getting the salt off our vehicles in the winter.

coldfront

Quote from: apenland01 on March 03, 2021, 09:09:29 AM
Glad to hear you got it out!

~c~ ~c~ ~c~

whew!  most anticipated event next to season 4 of Yellowstone.