Korea Bass Fishing Report- Guemho River near Daegu Airport- 20 Mar 21

Started by Nardecchiad, March 25, 2021, 05:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardecchiad

Cloudy day, the water was stained from rain the day before. Temperatures have been steadily rising
and the fish are starting to finally starting to move about. My most successful day of 2021 so far for sure, I only caught 4 from the bank in the few hours I fished but that's success compared to my last three trips out. Spent the first hour fishing a finesse jig, a rage menace on a ball jig and a trick worm without a bite. I tied on a damiki TOT spinnerbait with combination willow/colorado blades and discovered they wanted moving baits. Hopefully we will be in full pre-spawn here soon with temps in the low to mid seventies this week.

Bassinkorea

Glad you were able to catch a few. I think I saw your catches on FB the other day  ~c~ ~c~
I caught 5 decent ones on a spinnerbait today also from the bank, certainly good for the confidence  8)
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Nardecchiad

Quote from: Bassinkorea on March 25, 2021, 06:33:34 AM
Glad you were able to catch a few. I think I saw your catches on FB the other day  ~c~ ~c~
I caught 5 decent ones on a spinnerbait today also from the bank, certainly good for the confidence  8)

Absolutely!! Gonna hit the Nakdong in Waegwan this weekend in the rain.

Bassinkorea

I'm going to be up in Seoul this weekend for my daughter's birthday, so the bass can relax for a weekend  lo  lo
The first big LFA tournament at Andong is this weekend.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Nardecchiad

Quote from: Bassinkorea on March 25, 2021, 07:21:30 AM
I'm going to be up in Seoul this weekend for my daughter's birthday, so the bass can relax for a weekend  lo  lo
The first big LFA tournament at Andong is this weekend.

Enjoy it, time goes by so fast and then they are only calling you once in awhile. Let you know how the bite went.

Mike Cork

Thank you for the report ~c~ The experimenting and finally figuring out how to catch them is the challenge that keeps bringing me back. ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Nardecchiad

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 25, 2021, 08:29:28 AM
Thank you for the report ~c~ The experimenting and finally figuring out how to catch them is the challenge that keeps bringing me back. ~c~

Thanks! Have to admit i feel lost trying to figure them out over here at times. I was getting pretty comfortable back in Texas before I left. Guess I got spoiled!

Mike Cork

Being in NW Louisiana I'm extremely spoiled. If I don't whack them every time I'm out, especially this time of year, I'm deflated horribly.

Just remember a bass is a bass is a bass, doesn't matter if it's in California, Texas, Florida, or Korea. A bass needs to eat, find shelter when it's not eating, and reproduce when everything is right...

I spent a year in Korea at Osan AB many years ago, Didn't even know Korea had lakes  :'(

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service