SJHT UNION Lake Club Results Sat. 03-27-2021

Started by BigNasty06, March 28, 2021, 11:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: UNION LAKE, Millville, NJ
Date: Sat. March 27, 2021
Time: 7:00am-2:00pm
Weather: Gorgeious day with early air temps around 51 Degrees and initially callm. Warming up to a blue bird and sunny 77 Degrees day.
Water Temps: Initially 53.4 Degrees out near the boat ramp.  Varying up to 63.5 Degrees in North Easter and North western part of lake.
Water Clarity: 1'~2'
Wind Gust: 5-10 mph. A little gusty around Mid-Day toward 1pm.
Best Lure:  Swim baits, Beavers, and chatterbaits.
Depths fished: 2'~7'
Limit: 3 Bass 

----------------------------------------------
Well.. Well...Well.   Can you say welcome to the 2021 SJHT Opening Season Kick-off shing-ding?
Welcome to SJHT 2021 season where hopefully 2020 can be viewed in the rearview mirror.  Lets get to it!

Saturday SJHT had 16 members come out to do battle on our 1st regular season 2021 club tournament event.  Anglers came early and were chomping at the bit as we would have typically started almost 2 weeks earlier but with climate change...we elected to push our 1st tournament off till now. LOL
Without further adieu, please give a big congrats to 1st place, Lunker, and MISC. winner Mike *The BoogyMan* Del Monico  for weighing in 2 Bass going 6.67lbs. Mike's Lunker went 3.65lbs.    Bill *The Hammer* Leach took 2nd Placewith 1 Bass going 2.02lbs.   3rd Place was won by 2021 AOY Brian *SubFish* McCulley with 1 Bass going 1.61lbs.
Miscelleneous was won by Mike Del Monico 6.39lb Channel Catfish.   Damn near more than the total winning Bass weight!.. Go Figure!  LOL

UNION LAKE TALE OF TAPE:

Mike Del Monico 1st Place, Lunker, and MISC Winner :

Bill L. 2nd Place:

Brian's 3rd Place:

Mike L. Misc. Pickeral snaphot:

Other Anglers Bass:

Layne Ell Keeper:

BN06'S Graph snapshot putting the bait in front of Fish but NO Takers:

Me not too happy.......like WTF!!!!

Congrats once again to 2020 AOY Brian McCullley on winning the SJBCA 3 Bass Heaviest Limit Weight plaque:

Summary:  UNION LAKE always fickle myself and other anglers. One could not ask for a more perfect weather day than what we had on Saturday.  A little wind.  Decent Air and water temps.  Key points with a bit of grass starting to come in. The small pickeral I caught came a little early but no where the size required to beat out that 6.39lb catfish.  Funny enough...the question was thrown out to me:  Is Live-Scope the answer to the angling community future?  I paused and really had to think about that topic.  I'm not totally sure but everything I've been reading, following, and seeing some of the results, I'm becoming a believer.

In All, 4 out of 16 SJHT Anglers caught at least 1 Bass.   There were only 5 Bass caught overall. UNION Lake Bass gave way to total of 11.68lbs caught overall.
The avg. weight came out to be 2.34lbs.   No Angler caught there 3 Bass Limit.  Great turnout for opening the 2021 season.

Congrats to Mike, Bill, and Layne on your performanaces.

Next up is SUNSET LAKE in 1 week.

Tightlines,
BN06

Mike Cork

Thanks for the great report. I love reading your detailed information and photos. Big kitty Cat ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BigNasty06

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 28, 2021, 11:32:15 AM
Thanks for the great report. I love reading your detailed information and photos. Big kitty Cat ~c~ ~c~

Good day Mike and Team UltimateBass.com.   Yes...another 2021 Season is upon us.  Yes indeed a Big Kitty Cat for one of my guys.  I wish the Bass here in New Jersey were that typical size.  LOL.  Wishful thinking outside of a private pond.   ~shhh

Thanks for the comments.  Hoping to be adding some video content in the near future...as it seems people enjoy that also along with the pics.  Stay safe and alway keep a tight line Mike Cork.

Looking for better results in the coming weeks as the spawn kicks in.
BN06