The New Look of Ultimate Bass - Comments Please

Started by Mike Cork, April 05, 2021, 11:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Okay it's official... We are here. We've been working on a new Ultimate Bass for almost a year. Various things have caused delays. However, Flavio (screen name TechAdmin) came aboard a short while ago and made short work out of the update. So a BIG SHOUT OUT to Flavio, thank you sir. I know it's been difficult at times. Another SHOUT OUT to the staff as they have been helping since the beginning as well.

Make sure you do a hard refresh to clear all your cache for Ultimate Bass (control F5).

We would like comments and concerns. Good and bad, or if you can't find something we will help with that too. Everything you had before is still here, it all just looks different and has things to help you navigate quicker. The whole site should load faster for you.

Mother will be getting the secure certificate soon...

Please let us know what you think or any trouble spots you are having.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

The only comment I have at this point is that I'm digging the new UB look!

Thank you Flavio, Mike and Laurie for all the hard work. It was worth it.  :) ~beer~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

TechAdmin

Thanks for the kind words everyone ~gf It's been an intense journey but we're there at last.
Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

fishballer06

I haven't done much digging around yet to find any little quirks yet, but I'll say the website looks much cleaner now. The clutter is gone and the website looks less like something out of 2004.

Well done so far!!  ~c~
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

TechAdmin

A lot of it was coming from an old bad habit - underlined links everywhere (f.e. Board titles on the Index page), they just make everything "heavier".
You're kinda spot on about the year, the older theme was indeed made in the early 2000s, good guess!  ;PHO)
Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

FlatsNBay

Maybe I'm missed it, but is Tapatalk going away? Would it be better if deleted it and just used the web page?

The new site looks good. Thanks for all the hard work.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 05, 2021, 02:24:25 PM
Maybe I'm missed it, but is Tapatalk going away? Would it be better if deleted it and just used the web page?

The new site looks good. Thanks for all the hard work.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Tapatalk is still option, but the new UB is more mobile friendly than the former site.  :-*

FlatsNBay

How do I make the font bigger for my old eyes?

LgMouthGambler

Geebus, I go MIA for a few and yall go whacked!  lo  It looks good, but whats with the smiley and frowned faces? Is there some kind of mood sensor or something? If so, can I get mine drinking a beer?  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 05, 2021, 02:40:12 PM
Geebus, I go MIA for a few and yall go whacked!  lo  It looks good, but whats with the smiley and frowned faces? Is there some kind of mood sensor or something? If so, can I get mine drinking a beer?  ~roflmao

The smiley's indicate if the member is on or offline.

Groma

Thought I was in the wrong place for a second ! 8)
"You have to fight for the right to fish "

TechAdmin

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 05, 2021, 02:31:06 PM
You can't, you just zoom... If you're on pc, Ctrl +/-, if you're on phone like anywhere else... And it's a lot less painful than the older theme, because you had to do that constantly.

@Smileys yeah, Bassinlou is right, although I am not sure how I feel about that one, doesn't make too much sense to me... I have to fiddle with FontAwesome in the following days anyway.

@Groma lo saw that one coming, that's why I put it up in the news at the top!

Bud Kennedy

The Site looks great.  It is certainly looking like a more current product and has a snazzy look.  Good job all around.  All of the functions normally used seem to be in place and its operational navigation is virtually unchanged at the user level.  Quite nice.

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Donald Garner

The site looks GREAT  ~c~  It looks a lot cleaner for sure.  Been waiting for this day for a while  ~shade

I can't find anything not to like about it  ;)

Laurie, Mike and Flavio thank you all for your hard work in getting UltimateBass Updated.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

big g

Just turn the i phone sideways and it's bigger!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FishaHallic

Looks great, thanks everyone for your hard work.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

TechAdmin

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on April 05, 2021, 04:04:09 PM
The Site looks great.  It is certainly looking like a more current product and has a snazzy look.  Good job all around.  All of the functions normally used seem to be in place and its operational navigation is virtually unchanged at the user level.  Quite nice.
Thanks! ~beer~
Quote from: ike8120 on April 05, 2021, 04:25:35 PM
I'm liking it
Glad to hear it!
Quote from: Donald Garner on April 05, 2021, 06:27:24 PM
The site looks GREAT  ~c~  It looks a lot cleaner for sure.  Been waiting for this day for a while  ~shade
And it finally came ~sun
I can't find anything not to like about it  ;)
I can, it's a blessing and a curse ::)
Laurie, Mike and Flavio thank you all for your hard work in getting UltimateBass Updated.
Indeed, their guidance and especially the Staff Team help was immensely valuable. Special mentions for Bassinkorea, Bassinlou and zippyduck.
Quote from: big g on April 05, 2021, 06:34:34 PM
Just turn the i phone sideways and it's bigger!
Modern problems require modern solutions... That's actually a way to deal with it! Thanks! ~c~
Quote from: FishaHallic on April 05, 2021, 06:44:08 PM
Looks great, thanks everyone for your hard work.
Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 05, 2021, 09:12:25 PM
Weird. NICE (I like weird).
Thank you both 8)

Captsteve

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

This is my first post on the new forum and it looks great. I just have to play around a little and get use to it and how things work.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Polaris425

I can't find an "unread posts" button for the entire forum.. only the ones for each section.

*EDIT* Never mind, I found it.  ~bb
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

fishingram24

Retired and loving every minute of it!

Fun4me

Is there a way to minimize the red boxes on the upper left hand side of the page, and make the rest of the page take up the full screen?