Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

300R prop update

(Read 300 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
Well I finally talked PowerTech into letting me put their VMX three blade (Yamaha T2 copy)on a 300R. They was hesitant because it would be surfacing the prop.  The highest pitch that I can get is a 27 so I bought it. Figured what the hell I have tried everything else. Wanted this particular prop because my SHO ran so good with it and you can not get a T2 with a Mercury fat shaft hub. Every prop to date has had a slow hole shot except for a 26 Bravo that ran like a 25 and topped out at 80. Everything else either blew out or just dragged to get on plane. Plus I have never tried a three blade prop before.  I totally expected to be let down again....But! HOT DAMN!!!!!!! A three second hole shot with just me 30 gallons of fuel and tournament load. Then I figured great tournament prop that will be slow. Nope....stretched her out to 86 mph on the first run and had just a few RPMS left.....not much though. Filled the live wells and still had under five second hole shot and no blow out and ran 84 mph!! Now if I can just get them to make a 29 or 30 pitch I will be very happy. The golden prop seems to have arrived!!!! Also in the works is a Hydrodynamics Semi Clever four blade that is fast as hell but blows out on hole shot. I got 85 mph with partner 3/4 fuel and full live wells during the Thursday night tournament. I have not had a day to run it light yet but the project is in work. The PowerTech VMX is a keeper for me!!!!
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

BassmanRudy

• Charter Member
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
86?! Way to go! Could Powertech change the pitch some on that prop to help or like you said have to make a new pitch?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
WOW... The big Nine Zero is just around the corner. Be safe while you're pushing the envelope ...  ~bb

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FD

• Life Member
Good luck.  I'm running one of Ronnie's Tempest 25's that I borrowed.  It gave me back 8 mph over my stock, worn out T25.  Mine left yesterday headed to LA to be tweaked.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   CPF Lures Pro Staff

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
86 is not bad for a 27 pitch prop on any day.  I was just happy with mid 80's and a good hole shot.  The mid range is fun on that low of a pitch and she gets to 80 in no time.  I have another prop being worked at Hydrodynamics that will more than likely bust the 90 mark.  PowerTech is also considering making me a 29 pitch to try.  We will see what happens.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
Dang that's fast in a boat! Be careful.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk