FLBRC BS Room (Summer 2021)

Started by FD, May 01, 2021, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Worked our butts off this morning trying to find the bigger bite. Still no luck. Disappointing.  But I did manage to hook up with 2 nice pea's for my efforts. :)

big g

Thanks for the post.  The peas love this warmer weather, and are active everywhere here in South Florida.  Pound for pound the pit bulls of the fish world.  Love catching them, and they love moving senkos. ~sun
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FlatsNBay

Nice job Lou.

George can you explain a little about the moving Senko? I'm always looking for new productive techniques for Peas.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

BarryFL

Quote from: RangerAndBass on May 04, 2021, 08:24:04 PM
Quote from: BarryFL on May 04, 2021, 07:25:59 PM
Ok. When you looking at moving down?

~Barry~
Nothing set yet Barry, but hope to get down in September for a week to start furnishing, etc. Then down in November for the winter

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

You should plan to pick up your boat during the classic. :)
~Barry~

RangerAndBass

Quote from: BarryFL on May 05, 2021, 04:44:09 PM
Quote from: RangerAndBass on May 04, 2021, 08:24:04 PM
Quote from: BarryFL on May 04, 2021, 07:25:59 PM
Ok. When you looking at moving down?

~Barry~
Nothing set yet Barry, but hope to get down in September for a week to start furnishing, etc. Then down in November for the winter

You should plan to pick up your boat during the classic. :)
I've filed that away as a plan Barry!

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

big g

Quote from: FlatsNBay on May 05, 2021, 02:37:54 PM
Nice job Lou.

George can you explain a little about the moving Senko? I'm always looking for new productive techniques for Peas.

Flats I throw a 4" senko a lot when bank fishing because its weedless and has to come through at least 10 feet of shoreline weeds, without getting hung up. If I see the wolf pack hunting, which often happens this time of year, I will throw the senko into the mix, and jerk it fast at a steady pace.  Often they can't resist the fast moving target.  Works for me without treble hooks.  Color doesn't matter, it's a reaction bite. :-*
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FlatsNBay

Good to know. Thanks George

Deadeye

Quote from: big g on May 05, 2021, 07:49:29 PM
Quote from: FlatsNBay on May 05, 2021, 02:37:54 PM
Nice job Lou.

Flats I throw a 4" senko a lot when bank fishing because its weedless and has to come through at least 10 feet of shoreline weeds, without getting hung up. If I see the wolf pack hunting, which often happens this time of year, I will throw the senko into the mix, and jerk it fast at a steady pace.  Often they can't resist the fast moving target.  Works for me without treble hooks.  Color doesn't matter, it's a reaction bite. :-*

George,

You and Others may not know this, but some years ago I was watching some Outdoor Show where the Host was fishing around the Tampa Area in Inlet Areas and during part of the Show he talked with and Interviewed Gary Yakomoto.

During that Interview he was asking about the development of the Senko and how did he go about making it. Turns out that From Gary's Own Mouth he said that when he was in the process of the Design, his Intentions was To Make a Soft Plastic Jerk Bait.

It wasn't until after he had a few Packs sent out to some Anglers testing the Bait for him that he found out that most were finding great success just tossing them out and letting them fall.

Funny how one of the Easiest and Efficient ways to catch a Bass was Designed and Made to be used entirely different and almost No One Knows It.

big g

After years of working the plastic stickbait, I found out how effective these little baits are.  With no weight, or a 1/32 weight I can get the bait to walk along the bottom like a zara spook on the surface with twitch and slack jerks, or dance in place with just very small but quick twitches of the rod tip.  I can fish all levels of the water column, and work it through the thickest cover.  They will catch peacock if jerked fast through an area showing signs of peacock activity.  If this bait gets torn up from catching, just turn it around and your ready to go with a good as new one.  If you have a 6" version and things are tough, just bite off two inches and now you have a 4" model.  When bank fishing I throw this bait more than all the others combined for all the reasons given above.   :)  Almost forgot, they cast a mile even into the wind!

Capt. BassinLou

I'm determined to track down bigger bass, and have been craving a big bite battle for a while. Hitting up the Marshlands tomorrow in the bath tub.  lo Last time I was out there the water was very low, if they haven't moved more water in, I'm going to have to get my feet wet and do some wade fishing.  ~sweat ~sweat  ~gator

big g

Good luck my friend, I hope you are rewarded! ~bb

big g

I fish from the bank almost every week day.  I seldom write a report unless it's something special.  Tonight was one of those nights.  Went out to one of my usual spots, the same as last night that produced a couple of 4 pounders.   Well tonight 200 casts and NADA, not even a bite, or even a nibble.  I have noticed that the lakes around me are topping out with Hydrilla all over the place.  Great for the fish, but not necessarily great for fishing.  Hard to get the bait down in the water column, and since I'm bank fishing a heavier weight just gets caught up in the weeds.  A humbling night!  Where is Lip when you need him! ^-^ >:( ^-^

FD

I can't work or fish yet, but I can still cook...

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Capt. BassinLou

Deadeye

Mudfish is the only Fish I've ever had on the line that just Snapped the Hook in Half.

It was a Eagle Claw Weedless Hook and I was using it for shiner fishing. A Big Mudfish grabbed it and I got to the boat and wasn't really sure what to do with it., so I grabbed the Hook with my Plyers with the Fish hanging over the side of the Boat and it went to flopping so hard it broke the Hook in half!

Brand New 5/0 Hook. Snapped it like a toothpick.

Capt. BassinLou

FishaHallic

Nice fish Lou, bet that was fun catching it on a frog.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FishaHallic on May 14, 2021, 08:25:56 PM
Nice fish Lou, bet that was fun catching it on a frog.

Thank you Dave, it sure was.  ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

I had to retire a new frog yesterday, after it's nose ripped by the line tie, but fortunately it's reinforcements arrived.

Capt. BassinLou

Deadeye

Well back from Vacation and got out on the River.

Caught 10-12 but only one cull.

Had a Manatee come right up under my boat right under the TM Prop. Used it to scratch its back.

Stayed with me for about 2 hours. Wherever I went it followed and found me again.

Crazy

Also caught two Stripers.

So over all a good day, just no size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishaHallic

I am here, but I have been working a lot and laying laminate flooring in the living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway and a closet and due to some measuring and a little math all my joints lines up, even around the kitchen and with no transitions  ~shade.  Now I have to put up new baseboard (no quarter round for me) around the whole house minus 1 bedroom.

I have decided to give myself a break and go fight the heat and fish tomorrow at a not so straight lake  :).  I was trying to hold out until we got some rain to cool things off but I can't wait for ever.  My fishing buddy and I have a "Spring Classic" every year and we chipped in and bought a small trophy in January for this one day tourny but due to some family health issues and a death in his family we have not been able to fight it out.......but tomorrow it's on!
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

BarryFL

Been a messed up month. Killed my trolling motor Sat morning on the river right after I found them stacked up on shad. Got several in the boat but then motor shorted out due to idiots throwing line overboard that wrapped around the shaft letting water past the seal, I think. Pulled about 20 yards out while troubleshooting.

So, I did what anyone else would do and ordered a new MG Tour Pro 36v. I had been wanting GPS spot lock anyway. And, while I was at it ordered an Active Target transducer, too.  Happy early Father's Day and Birthday to me.

But it gets worse. Got home around 11am to find out my BIL (wife's youngest sister's husband) had died Sat morning unexpectedly. He was only 48 and fit as a fiddle but had been in a car wreck 3 months ago that tweaked his back. Had a couple of steroid injections and we're wondering if they maybe caused an embolism that went to his heart or brain. Autopsy isn't back yet.

They have 5 kids all in college at Clemson! He was in investment and insurance business so SIL should be Ok. We had just spent a long weekend with them for a wedding in April and they were coming down here in two weeks for a baby shower. Funeral is in SC Thursday. Wife is already there. So I'm going up Wed.

Hug your wife, kids, significant other. Never know when your number will come up.

Hope to be back on the water soon.

~Barry~

~Barry~