bass pro shops reels and rods

Started by skeeter944, May 30, 2006, 09:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeter944

hey yall,i was wondering what yall thought about bass pro shops extreme reels and extreme rods. i need a new worm rod soon ,so i need some input. thanks in advance!!!!!!1

supplyguy

I have 1. Works fine but gets very heavy after a day of using it.

Fishaholic

I use a BPS rod...and I love it!

Ron Fogelson

Thats about all I use anymore.  One thing,  I think the rods are not as stiff as say a Allstar rod.  So if you want medium heavy action you should get a heavy rod

Creel Limit Zero

I have three of them that I use all the time.  I think they are great.  I think for the price there is not a better combo out there.

LoonyToon

I use the BPS Extreme for my spinner baits, and my crank baits ~c~...for worms I use a G-Blank 6ft 10in M/H split handle as it is lighter than the BPS........... :) ;)

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

nlareau

The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

clubber

I have two of them, a 7 footer that I use mostly for CR. And a 6 1/2 foot that is mainly for jig n' pig. I like both of them.

topcat

I have some friends that use them and swears by them......I never have used
them........

Topcat

skeeter944

i am probably getting the woo daves worm rod,the 6'6'' medium-heavy baitcaster combo with the extreme reel. so the medium heavy action in a bps rod is like a medium action in an all star rod? i just broke my old worm rod and really need a new one soon. i heard that the bps rods have excellent backbone,now with the carbon butt reinforcement to strenghten the rod.

Creel Limit Zero

I'm not sure skeeter, I have not used an all-star rod before.  I don't like the extremely heavy action rods though.  I have the 7'0 Medium Heavy, the 6'6 medium heavy, and the 6'6 medium action.  I like them all.   ;D

Warpath

I use two baitcasting 6'6" Extreme rods and I like them a whole bunch.  I use one for soft plastics and one for lipless cranks and spinnerbaits.  For the price they are tough to beat. 

I don't have an opinion on the reels.  I use Shimano exclusively.

Eric

kw4570gov

Between my son and I we have close to 20 Bass Pro rods and 3 Bass Pro Extreme Reels. We have had no trouble from any of the reels and only one problem with a Bionic Blade rod and they replaced it no questions asked.

Kent

topcat

Thats great Kw....I haven't used one but I might try one I am needing to get a rod for my son to skip with.......

Topcat

OHbassaholic

My opinion of the All Star Select series is that they are more sensitive than any of the BPS rods I have, or have had.  I would venture to say that the Select series rods are as sensitive as the St. Croix Premier series.

A big plus for them is that they are FAST action rods.  I have found that I can use a medium/fast Select for worm/jig-n-trailer techniques when none of my Extreme, Pro Qualifier, nor Bionic Blade rods provide anything near as good of sensitivity.